Chapter twenty-nine - Family can be exhausting

After Sam freed Michael the angel heard his brother who he believed to be dead call him and teleported himself there. When he saw Raphael and Lucifer who was still asleep there aswell he was confused.

But Gabriel just smiled at him widely. "Hey, welcome back."

Michael wanted to be happy to see them but Lucifer being there made him suspicious. "What is he doing here?"

Gabriel got a bit nervous. "I thought we could all talk. Maybe you guys could make up?"

Micheal wanted to say something but stopped and looked at Lucifer for a minute. "Oh father, is he drunk?! Of course he is." He just snapped his fingers sobering his brother up and waking him.

When Lucifer opened his eyes he was confused but then he saw his brothers ALL of them. His head snapped towards Gabriel rage filling his eyes. "You!" He jumped up and went up to him. "Yoy betrayed me! How could you?! After I saved you!"

"I just want to help and for you guys to finally make up! I'm sick of you fighting. This is why I ran away! Because you were always fighting and no one cared about me. You were all to busy with finding dad but newsflash he's gone because he's an asshole! He doesn't care about us and we're the only family we have left and I don't want it to fall apart. More than it already has." Gabriel was done he was screaming at all of them but mostly Lucifer. "I fucked up a lot and maybe I'm fucking everything up right now but at least I'm trying!"

Raphael put a hand on Gabriel's shoulder in hopes of comforting him but he just moved away.

Michael looked at him a bit guilty. "I'm sorry, Gabe. I guess I wasn't the best brother because I was too obsessed with trying to be the best son. But making up with Lucifer?!"

Before the fallen angel could say anything to defend himself Gabriel cut him off. "He saved my life from alternate you. It's a long story don't ask. He's an asshole I know and he can be a great big bag of dick hell he stabbed me in the leg a while ago. But I believe in him and I believe that he is trying. It may take a while and be hard but please try."

Michael sighed. He hated Lucifer's guts but then again he once loved him. They were brother's afterall and if Gabriel was willing to give him a shot he might try.

"I don't expect you guys to be friend or anything just please try to coexist and not destroy earth because I really like this world."

"Okay, I'll coexist with Lu as long as he doesn't try to hurt you two." Michael held out his hand towards his brother.

Lucifer looked at Gabriel who looked at him pleadingly and Raphael who stood behind Gabriel and giving him a small nod. The fallen archangel sighed and took his older brother's hand. "Fine. But the same goes for you. Don't hurt them. Not like your alternate version." He looked like taking his hand was the worst thing he had ever done.

A wide smile grew on Gabriel's face as he hugged the two and quickly pulled Raphael into the hug as well. "Thank you!"

The other three angel just stood there a bit awkward. Though they couldn't help but smile. Gabriel was always the one to kind of hold them together. He was just so happy and warm.

Michael stepped back after a while. "Thank you for getting me and Adam out of the cage."

"Oh by the way, would you two keep an eye on heaven from time to time while Jack works on getting the angels back. It's kind of a shitshow since it's running on low juice and I think it could help if you were there to support the others." He looked at Raphael and Michael. "Also Naomi is a bitch and nobody wants her to be in charge."

"Naomi's in charge?!" Michael rolled his eyes. "Well, that can only be a disaster. We'll be on that. But who's Jack?"

Gabriel looked at Lucifer. "Do you want to tell him."

"He's my son."

"He's your what?! You brought an Archangel Nephilim into this world do you know how-"

Gabriel cut Michael off. "Jack's a good kid. You don't need to worry."

"Well, we should go." Raphael put his hand on the eldest's shoulder and teleported away with him.

Lucifer awkwardly cleared his throat. "Look, Gabe, I'm sorry I overreacted and I was hurt I thought you betrayed me and-"

"Safe it. Just so you know if you stab me again I'll return the favor." He walked over to the door. "I mean what I've told Michael. I believe in you. That doesn't mean that I forgive you or trust you. You crossed some lines. So, if you truly are sorry, save your empty apologize and do better. You are my brother and I think we can go back to how we used to be but you have to put some work into it as well, okay?"

Lucifer just nodded. "I promise I'll try." He really wanted to. He wasn't sure if he would be able to but he would at least try.

"Good. I'll go and talk to Sam now." Gabriel left the room and went to Sam's. When he got into the room he immediately let himself fall onto the bed next to his boyfriend who was a bit confused.

"How was it? You look exhausted." Sam gently patted the other's head.

Gabriel just groaned. "It was so draining. I dont want to talk about it right now I just want to cuddle."

His boyfriend chuckled a bit and put his laptop which was on his lap to the side and layed down as well. He put his arms around his love and gave him some soft kisses on the head. "I love you, you know."

"I know and I love you, too." The archangel looked up at him and smiled. "Father, just looking at you makes me feel better. You are the best boyfriend I could ask for. I don't know how I've earned this."

Sam gave him a peck. "You don't have to earn anything you can just have love and me, you know?" He caressed the other's cheek while they were just looking at each other.