Chapter eleven - Don't you die on me

As the sun started to arise Dean was already wide awake and started to wake everyone up. Gabriel was cuddled up against Sam and groaned because he didn't want to stand up.

"Just five more minutes, please. Your brother's so comfortable." The archangel was devastated as the other answered with a 'no'. So he stood up.

Sam did the same and they all went to the living room area.

"So we only need more of Gabriel's grace and we can go." Dean sat down on the table.

The archangel smirked. "Coming right up." He held up a little bottle with a drop of his grace in it.

Dean looked sceptical. "Is that all?" He was concerned that it wouldn't be enough which turned out to be true. So they had to conduct a new plan.

"Well I traded one veil of my grace away but I don't think we're gonna get it back. So any other ideas?" The archangel looked around the group.

Sam thought for a bit until he had an idea. "Lucifer. He's still out there and if Rowena binds him with a spell we can slowly drain his grace. This would also give us more time."

Gabriel was fascinated and kind of shocked at the same time. "You're pretty sadistic. Remind me to never get on your bad side, Samsquatch!"

A chuckle escaped the other's mouth. "Okay let's do this."

While Gabriel and Rowena were on a mission to get Lucifer, the other's sat in the bunker and waited. Dean went back to his room for a bit leaving his brother and Castiel alone.

Sam was a bit nervous. "Do you think they're gonna make it? I mean it's Lucifer."

Dean just shrugged it off. He didn't know why his little brother was so worried. Castiel on the other hand was able to sense it.

The angel gave him a weak smile. "Don't worry I'm sure they're gonna be fine."

It seemed like forever until Gabriel and Rowena returned. They brought Lucifer with them.

Sam smiled happily at Gabriel and hugged him. "I'm glad you're okay. I was so worried."

The other just smirked. "Samsquatch, please, as if you could get rid of me that easily." He looked at Lucifer. "Believe me he tried."

They continued to open the portal and Gabriel, Castiel, Dean and Sam went through it. As they arrived on the other side they had to walk a lot.

After a while Dean and Sam were a few meters ahead of the angels. They were just out of hearing range as Cas started to talk to his big brother.

"Gabriel, you're needed in heaven." The younger angel looked at his brother. "I know you don't want to. But you have to."

The archangel looked away. "I can't. There must be another way."

"What other way could there be?" Castiel put one hand on his shoulder. "If heaven runs out of power all those spirits will go to earth and we all know that that wouldn't be pretty." He looked him dead in the eye.

Gabriel fidgeted with his fingers. "I know and I would but you got to understand me. How would you like it to be separated from Dean. I mean-"

The archangel was interrupted by a scream. Without thinking about it and discussing what to do the four ran in that direction. When they came to a halt they saw a young couple being attacked by rouge vampires.

So naturally being who they are the four intervened and helped them. After the group had decapitated all of the vampires they introduced themselves. Luckily those two travellers were on their way to Mary's camp. So the four gladly joined them on their journey.