Chapter 1: Watching Him

Emily skipped down the halls, heading toward her second period. Her caramel hair was curled and light makeup decorated her face. Her skirt swayed back and forth, her freshly shaven legs getting goosebumps from the cool air breezing around her. Emily was in the best of moods; nothing could spoil her day. She was excited to come into class late, knowing that Axel would be sure to notice her. She knew they were soulmates. Every time she saw him, her heart raced and her ears turned bright red. As she skipped to her class, some boys whistled her way, but she couldn't hear them, she was in love.

Emily entered the classroom, her smile shining and her skin glowing as she entered. Almost everyone stopped to stare, the boys in desire and the girls in envy. Emily walked to the teacher, the lovely Miss Peters, and handed in her tardy note.

"Sorry I'm late Miss Peters, I had a stomachache, but I'm all better now."

"That's alright Emily. Now sit down, we're continuing our lesson on Chaucer," Miss Peters smiled warmly.

Emily sat in the front of the classroom. She took out her previous notes on Chaucer and waited for Miss Peters to start her lecture. While waiting, she couldn't help but think about Axel. She got the thrilling feeling of knowing that he was behind her, hoping that his beautiful, watchful eyes were gazing at her. She took our her colored pens, sketching on the inside of her binder Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong. She drew a soft pink heart around it and smiled with content.

Emily headed to the courtyard for lunch

Emily headed to the courtyard for lunch. She purposely didn't look behind her, imagining that Axel was behind her somewhere, watching. She hoped he would like the chase. However, even though she avoided looking at him, she still couldn't get those brilliant blue eyes out of her head.

Emily found her best friend, Nathan, sitting on one of the school's park benches. She snuck up behind him and grabbed his shoulders.

"Nathan!"

He screamed.

"Emily, you almost gave me a heart attack! What would you do if you killed me?" Nathan asked sarcastically.

"Don't worry Nathan, I'd save you!" Emily exclaimed, rather loudly and almost hitting a girl in the face as she swung her arms out in the air exaggeratedly.

Emily sat down on the bench beside Nathan, pressing into him and placing her head on his shoulder. Normally her mother would warn her about befriending boys, but Nathan was gay, so she didn't have to worry. He was also her best friend forever, and she knew that he would never hurt her.

"So, how was Axel?" asked Nathan.

"As dreamy as ever," Emily replied.

"Well, did you talk to him this time?"

"Not yet, but I will eventually. I'm hoping that he will come up to me and kiss me lavishly, or maybe catch me before I fall down the stairs."

"Oh Emily, that's the stuff from romance novels. And don't you dare go falling down the stairs in front of him. That would be both embarrassing and highly dangerous."

"Fine, but I want him to make the first move. Every time I get near him, my cheeks get beet red and I feel like I'm going to pass out. He can't see me when I'm like that, it would be totally mortifying. He has to come to me first."

"Okay Emily, but don't create all these fantasies if you're not ready to step up to the plate."

"Wait Nathan stop talking, he's walking this way, act normal."

Nathan let out a big huff and crossed his arms. By this point Emily's head was far off Nathan's shoulder. She held her breath as he got closer, his dirty blonde hair waving in the wind. He looked so masculine in his white shirt and light blue jeans. He stopped, to Emily's astonishment, right at her feet.

"Emily, can I talk to you?"

I love support and helpful feedback, so feel free to kindly comment and share the love!