Chapter 35: Love in the Making

Emily moaned into the night. A gentle breeze whispered against her skin, hair flowing to frame around her face. Anticipation built up in her core as Aiden's lips melded with hers, the soft warmth of his touch both easing her and awaking her body from within.

His hands carefully meandered, brushing by each crevice and curve of her body. His thoughts were everywhere, focusing on the heat of their colliding breaths and the euphoric sensation of touching her smooth skin. It felt like his cravings were finally being relinquished, yet he wasn't fully sated. He still wanted more of her, all of her... forever. He couldn't help these overwhelming feelings that he'd never felt before. Around her, he felt like he could do anything. For her, he knew he would climb towers and fight dragons. He loved her, and for the first time in his life he'd never felt happier to think such things and feel such emotions. He could be completely himself around her, not the player or jerk he pretended to become.

The passion seared with every touch, leaving a warmth in the cool night. The calming breaths of wind tickled the trees, creating a soft briskness that entranced their bodies, the heat and cool air melding in perfect synchrony. Their movements slowed with the relaxing tempo of the atmosphere, the passion still burning aflame in their hearts.

Emily felt it. The overwhelming senses interrupting her thoughts were all telling her the same thing. It was the right time. She was ready for her first encounter with the unknown mysteries of sex.

She knew the love she felt for Aiden was true... real. For the first time in her life, she experienced this genuine love that she hadn't realized she craved. The kind of love that made her want to giggle in delight, knowing that she could share her love in a way that she could only share with him, and he would only share with her. It was a bond that no one could surpass. Electricity that elicited passion. A connection that assured her that she could live forever in this moment, never tiring of his voice. It wasn't simply a physical attraction, not like Axel and all he seemed to portray from the outside. There was something deeper. They shared passions and dreams, yet had contrasting backgrounds. Their personalities were varied enough to keep things interesting. In this moment, she didn't care about his past with other women. There was no way to change what had happened, and without it, he may have never been led to her. She wanted all of him, flaws and everything.

"Aiden," she whispered against his breath.

Their lips brushed as she spoke. Neither wanted to part any further. As close as they were, it still wasn't close enough.

"Should I-"

"Keep going," she interrupted.

She watched his eyebrows scrunch together.

"Are you sure?" he asked, seeking consent before he did anything more.

She smiled against his lips.

"I've never been more sure in my life."

Their breaths met in a reassuring kiss.

Emily's fingers fiddled with the hem of Aiden's shirt, tracing her digits delicately against his lower stomach, below his bellybutton.

He moaned into her mouth at the sensations of the slight brushes against his lower abdomen. He placed his hand on top of hers. As they broke away from the kiss, they stared daringly into each others eyes, not quite sure what to do but wanting to continue all the same. He slowly slid her warm hand up his stomach, his eyes never wavering from hers. She felt the indent of his bellybutton, the ridges of his abdomenal muscles, the broad expanse of his upper chest, coming to a stop at his rapidly beating heart.

Her beautiful almond eyes softened as she drew her lips up in a sweet, adoring smile. He smiled back, the same affection streaking his face.

"I love you, Emily. You make my heart beat so fast."