Chapter 14: Undisturbed Breakfast

Emily sat on one of the island chairs in the kitchen, eating Aiden's chocolate cereal. She couldn't believe that he actually wrote his name on the box. Thinking this would be sweet payback for the way he's been treating her, she smiled at him as he entered the room, munching on his cereal.

He looked at her smiling wickedly at him, then to the open cereal box next to her. His eyes narrowed and he stomped over, grabbing the box.

"Did you seriously eat my cereal?" he exclaimed.

"Yesh," she kept munching.

"I wrote my name on it when I found out you were staying. I had a sick feeling that you would do this."

"Sorry," she smiled, totally not sorry.

"You owe me a new box."

"I don't owe you anything."

He leaned down to look her in the eye. He grabbed her spoon, scooped up some cereal, and took a bite. Setting the spoon back into the bowl, he swished it around in the milk before letting it hit the ceramic bowl. She looked up at him with disgust.

"Enjoy."

"How dare you! You got your nasty saliva in my food!"

"Correction: my hunky saliva is in your food."

She stared at him with a look of confused annoyance.

"I don't think hunky is the right word to call your saliva."

"Oh, baby, I think it is. Plenty of women crave my saliva," he declared exaggeratedly.

"Yeah, right."

"You've seen the business cards in my nightstand."

"Yes I have, but I'm beginning to think you just keep them there for your self-esteem."

He scoffed.

"No, and if you need proof, I can show you all the numbers on my phone."

Her next words were spoken in a whisper.

"Are you sure those are real numbers?"

He narrowed his eyes, yet again, at her.

"Yes-"

He was cut off by his brother entering the kitchen, a towel hanging over his shoulders. Emily directed her gaze to Axel. He was walking towards her, shirtless, water dripping from his hair and onto his chest. He smirked when he saw her eyes graze his body.

"Good morning, babe."

He stopped in front of her and lifted his hand to cup the side of her face. She leaned into it, her eyes closing slightly.

"Good morning," she replied softly.

He leaned down and kissed the corner of her mouth. She sighed and looked up at him with loving eyes. 

"Last night was amazing," he whispered, loud enough for Aiden to hear.

Aiden stood to the side of them, frowning unpleasantly.

"It was," she whispered back dreamily.

"Yeah, right. You guys did squat last night. I didn't hear anything," Aiden interrupted.

"Oh, and you were listening?" Emily asked, sarcasm dripping from her words.

"No, I was too busy actually  having sex."

"You had Penelope over last night?"

"Again, no. Ask your girlfriend, since she thought it was better to come into my room last night than be with you."