Chapter 13: Midnight Interruptions

Bang!

Emily woke abruptly to the sound of a door slamming. She sat up, the air-mattress attempting to keep her down. She looked around in the darkness and saw nothing unusual. The room was quiet and still. She got up slowly and allowed her body to wake up. 

Curious to know what the noise was from, she made her way to the door. A faint light from the window guided her way. Opening the door, she stepped out into the warm, lamp-lit hallway.

"What are you doing up?"

She turned around and saw Aiden, shirtless, holding a broom and dustpan. A light sheen of sweat glistened on his chest. Her eyes travelled down his defined pecs, past his muscled abdomen, to the soft brown hairs trailing its way down his belly button, inviting her gaze further.

"You can touch, I won't bite."

She quickly scanned his body one more time, catching sight of his v-line and getting distracted. She looked up to see him with a smirk planted on his smug face. 

"Or maybe I will..."

His eyes meandered down her body, drawing to the areas where her skin revealed itself. He tried to ignore the discontentment he felt at seeing her in Axel's clothes.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" he leaned in closer, smiling at the way her jaw set in frustration.

"Like... like you want to..."

"Like I want to... eat you up?" He finished her sentence.

He reached out and gripped her chin lightly between his index finger and thumb. Bending down, he whispered in her ear.

"Well get ready, baby, cause I'm hungry like the wolf."

He gently took her earlobe into his mouth and bit lightly. He dragged his teeth down her lobe, his tongue barely resting on the bottom as his lips encircled the area. A blush grew on her cheeks as she let out a soft, unfamiliar gasp.

He pulled away, grinning, and began to walk past her. She stood there, frozen and entranced by the feeling of his lips on her. After standing still for a few seconds, she gathered the courage to find her voice and followed him into his bedroom.

"Where are you..."

She paused, looking around the room. A single lamp on his nightstand lit the space. The bedsheets were in disarray, the comforter tossed on the ground. The room was hot and smelled rather musky, with a slight scent of perfume.

Aiden stood over some shards of glass, sweeping them into the dust pan.

"What happened here?" she asked in astonishment.

"Nothing unusual," he muttered as he continued sweeping.

She paused, not quite understanding.

"I meant the broken glass."

"Oh, this. The girl I had over didn't appreciate me asking her to leave so soon. She threw my glass of water at my head," he said, sounding like it was the most bizarre reaction.

"Wouldn't there be water everywhere as well?"

"No, I drank it all. It got pretty hot in here, if you know what I mean."

She didn't quite know what he meant, so she sat down on the bed to think about it. She laid down with her head in the middle of the bed and stretched her arms over her head, feeling sleepy.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Do what?" she looked at him with heavy eyes.

"Lay there. I just had sex and your head is where our best organs were colliding ten minutes ago."

She sat up immediately, wide awake. bolting off the bed, she hurriedly wiped her hair and back with her hands, trying to remove the orgasmic germs from her body.

"Don't worry. She was riding me, so you just got a headful of my ass."

She looked at him with wide, concerned eyes.

"Don't worry? How is that any better?" she shouted at him.

He mumbled inaudibly and looked back to the dust pan, picking it up and walking to the bathroom. He tossed it in the trash bin and came back into the room.

Emily had calmed down a bit.

"So, was this Penelope?"

He sat on the bed.

"No."

"What? I thought you two were dating."

"I told you, we have an agreement."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm afraid that is classified information."

"How so?"

He let out an annoyed sigh.

"Emily, stop being nosy. It's confidential."

She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Fine, but you didn't have to call me nosy."

"Sorry."

He lay down and looked at her.

"Well, are you gonna stay here and watch me sleep or are you gonna join me?"

She stared at him in shock.

"Neither, I'm leaving."

As she walked away, she heard him call out.

"No, babe, don't go..."

She turned around to see him turning off the lamp, laughing lowly.

She scoffed. He was just messing with her. And to think, a part of her wanted it to be real.