Chapter 16: Aiden's Friends

Emily walked to her locker. She hadn't seen Axel since this morning. He didn't even show up for second period.

Turning the corner, she saw an unpleasant sight. Once again, Aiden had some girl pressed against a locker, her locker. But this time, it wasn't Penelope.

She sighed in annoyance and walked right up to him. He was actually talking to the girl this time, and she was laughing at what he was saying.

"But it gets even better-"

"Ehem!"

She tapped rather roughly on his shoulder. He groaned.

"Excuse me for just a second," he said to the girl.

He turned around to see Emily glaring up at him.

"Speak of the angel..."

She gave him a confused look. The girl saw Emily and her eyes brightened.

"Are you the one that threatened to smash his balls into smushed cookies?" she asked, laughing lightly and holding her stomach from her earlier laughing fit.

Emily's eyes widened and jumped to Aiden.

"You told her that?!" she yelled at him.

He grinned at her reaction.

"No, it's okay. I'm a fan. Aiden's told me all about you." She wiped tears from her eyes.

Aiden whirled back to his friend, giving her a warning look.

"What? It's true. You don't know how much this guy loves to make you mad. I'm Ross."

She held out her hand and Emily shook it cautiously. Taking a better look at Ross, she noticed her tattered blue skinny jeans and light gray hoodie featuring an embroidered elephant. Her long black hair lay on the side of her shoulder in a french braid.

Emily was shocked, she didn't look like one of his typical make-out girls. Not that she had seen him making out with every girl since freshman year.

"Hello, I'm Emily," she responded shyly.

"No need to be shy, Aiden's told me how spunky you are," she grinned and patted her shoulder.

"Oh has he?" She looked at Aiden, who seemed uncomfortable.

"So, are you two a couple? I mean, now that the secret's out with Penelope?" Emily asked.

Ross and Aiden stared at each other, then laughed out loud.

"No way! Aiden and I are not  like that."

"Gross."

Ross glared at Aiden, then punched his arm.

"Hey, I am not gross, you douche."

"You are to me."

"Well, same goes for me."

They scowled at each other, crossing their arms against their chests simultaneously.

"Sup guys!"

A tall, muscular guy with dark skin and gleaming brown eyes stalked toward them.

"Trish," Ross greeted coldly.

"Rose," he answered back with the same distaste.

He stopped in front of Emily and bent down to her level.

"Is your name Trish?" she asked immediately, thinking it was a strange name for a boy.

"It's Tristan. And who are you, beautiful girl? If you're looking for Prince Charming, I think you just found him," he smirked.