Chapter 36: Calm Before the Storm

The morning sun peaked through the pine trees. Droplets of dew glistened in the light as birds sang sweet melodies to their loved ones. Emily awoke before opening her eyes, seeing the pinkish-red beneath her lids illuminating the light. When she opened her eyes, a flash of the suns rays blinded her sight and she turned her head, blinking away the black dots that freckled her vision. Upon turning, her skull rammed into the warm body next to her, causing an oomph to sound from her left.

"Good morning, love."

Aiden chuckled, looking down at her confused face. He smiled, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her naked body to his.

"G-good morning."

She traced her memory, recalling the previous night. She lost her virginity to Aiden, the man she loved with all her heart. But, it wasn't a sad thing as she thought losing it might have felt. She was glad it was him. He was the only person that had loved her as dearly as this. And she could feel it... his love radiated off him in unending waves.

Shifting her legs a little to test how the pain would feel in her crotch, her eyes widened. It hurt a bit, but not as much as she thought it would, especially compared to the horror stories she'd read about the intensity of the pain after. And with Aiden's size, she was all the more shocked that she wasn't rolling on the ground, curled up in a ball of pain.

Smiling, she listened to the sound of nature, letting her thoughts fade away as she cuddled into Aiden.

He hummed in contentment, feeling her body mush into his, fitting like a perfect puzzle. They stayed like that for awhile, the beating of their hearts aligning to the same tempo.

 They stayed like that for awhile, the beating of their hearts aligning to the same tempo

"Oh my gosh, my mother!"

Emily scrambled up from their relaxed state, Aiden following quickly behind. She rushed to her clothes, not even caring about covering up as she wriggled on her bra, standing mostly nude in the middle of the woods. As she continued pulling on the rest of her clothes, Aiden spoke.

"What's going on?" he asked, bewildered and oblivious to the situation at hand.

Emily panted, pulling the tank top over her head.

"My mother's coming home from her conference today," she breathed a big sigh of stress. "She'll be home any second now."

Aiden's eyes widened and he started scrambling for his clothes as well, picking up garments that had been thrown haphazardly around the area in the midst of their love-making.

He grabbed the white, lacey panties hanging on a nearby tree and turned to Emily, smirking.

"I believe these are yours," his smirk morphed into a playful grin as he dangled the undergarment in front of her with his index finger.

She blushed a deep pink, grabbing the fabric and putting it on. Aiden smiled at his effect on her, turning back to his clothing search-and-find.

Once they were fully dressed, Aiden began to pack up everything while Emily paced back and forth in anxiousness.

As he folded up the blanket, he noticed a spot that made him squint. Bending forward, the rust colored stain on the white woolen cloth was unmistakable. Realizing what it was, his eyes widened and he leaned back, questions rushing through his brain faster than the speed of light. His gaze shifted to Emily, who paused her pacing when she noticed the frightening expression streaking his features. Shock, fear, confusion, anger.

"Emily," he started hesistantly. "Were you a virgin?"

She gasped, then looked to the spot of blood on the blanket as he held it up in her direction. She watched his shock quickly fade as pure rage kicked in. He stood up.

"I-I... I can-"

"Explain? What the hell, Emily! Why didn't you tell me? Do you not trust me or something? I could have been more gentle."

"No, no. I was okay-"

"To hell you were okay! You made me believe you slept with my brother... for what? To get a good laugh? Well ha ha, very funny," he faked a laugh that didn't sound sincere in the slightest, scaring Emily a little.

"I-I was mad at you that night! You told me to stay away from him and I was drunk and angry so I dragged him off and we faked it, alright! It wasn't something I was proud of but I didn't think it was such a big deal that I had to tell you, so I just forgot, okay?"

She began to breath out little pants at her long and winded declaration.

"Well I'll let you in on a little secret," Aiden's fury hadn't ceased, and he felt out to hurt. "Every time you were away, Axel would go play hooky with Penelope. How's that for your cheater boyfriend, huh?"

The world silenced as she listened to his words. The only thing she could hear was her breath, and the questions floating around her head. Why? Was I not good enough for him? No. How could he...

"I-I wanna go home," she spoke after some time, feeling useless and bare.

"No, I took it too far. I'm sorry," he stepped closer to her, the anger that once consumed him replaced with concern. "I shouldn't have said anything."

She smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"How could I have know if you didn't tell me? You're right, he really is a pig."

Tears escaped her as the reminents of hope she had carried so dearly of Axel being a good guy melting away with her realization. He wasn't a knight in shining armor at all. He was the devious witch, pretending to be the perfect jock in disguise. Instead, he was the perfect jerk.

Aiden nodded at her words, feeling sorry that she had to find out this way. But, was there really any good way of finding out?

"Um," Aiden started. "Did you really forget to tell me you were a virgin?"

He scratched the back of his neck with his hand, anxious for an answer.

"Seems so. I was so focused on preparing myself for the moment that I guess telling you just slipped my mind."

He nodded, leaning back on his heels.

"Oh okay, it's alright then. I just wish I could have been gentler. I would have spent more time... preparing you and stuff," he said awkwardly, rubbing his bicep, not sure what to do with his hands but not wanting to stay put all the same.

"Next time," she remarked, making him laugh, the tension easing off him.

"Yes, next time," he agreed. "Can we like, set a date for that or something? Or we could practice now if you'd like..."

She laughed, leaning forward and kissing him on the lips. He groaned in satisfaction but before he could intensify the heat, she pulled away.

"Soon," she smiled as he pouted at her in sexual frustration. "But right now, I need to go home. Like, immediately."

He looked at her in understanding, long having forgotten the reason they had abruptly got up from a peaceful morning snuggled up together in a blanket in the woods. He swiveled around, grabbing the blanket.

"Let's go," he said, turning back to her.

They rushed to his motorcycle hand-in-hand, listening to the delightful sounds of the cardinals chirping into the brisk morning air.