Chapter 28: Who is She?

Sitting on the floor, they allowed the last laughs to escape their lips. Sighing, Aiden lifted himself from the ground. He held his hands out and she took them, feeling the weight leave her body as she was lifted to a standing position. They stood, facing each other, hands still clasped together.

"I trust you know where to look for pajamas," Aiden remarked.

She giggled.

"Axel's closet?" she questioned teasingly.

He groaned, shaking his head and grinning at her playful manner.

"You are unbelievable. Only wear my clothes, okay?"

Her lips dove into an exaggerated pout. Aiden, as always, found this move incredibly sexy.

"But what about my clothes?"

His grin widened.

"Fine. Only my clothes and your clothes, deal?"

He leaned down to her eye level, his breath mingling with hers.

"Deal."

Reaching her lips, they met in a chaste kiss. Though it was short, they both felt the connection forming in a bond of endearing love.

"Now go change, I'll be waiting," he smiled, patting her butt as she made her way to his closet. She jumped a little at his touch, giggling.

Emily relaxed on the bed as she waited for Aiden to finish brushing his teeth

Emily relaxed on the bed as she waited for Aiden to finish brushing his teeth. He graciously let her use his toothbrush. Her eyes drooped. Feeling tired without Aiden around to enliven her spirits, she rested her head on the pillow.

"Miss me?"

Aiden came out of bathroom. His white shirt stretched across his frame. 

"I did," she replied, yawning.

He sauntered over to her and plopped on the bed. Tilting his head back, he caught her staring at him.

She lifted herself to her elbows, moving so that her head was directly above him. She gently laid her lips on his in a sweet kiss.

Pulling away, Emily sat back on the bed. Aiden pulled up the covers and got comfortable. He motioned for her to join him. She obliged, dropping her head on his shoulder. 

His arm around her, he traced little circles on her wrist, causing her to shiver.

After a moment of silence, Emily felt the need to start a conversation.

"Who is Sam?"

He puffed out a laugh at her bluntness.

"Do you really want to know?" he asked. "This bad boy persona you love may crumble."

She smacked his chest lightly.

"Of course I do. I'll care for you, even if you're not the player you seem to be."