Chapter 30: Lovely Lunch

After their shower, Aiden and Emily got dressed and headed to school. As Aiden drove his mother's beat-up SUV, Emily's thoughts wandered back thirty minutes. The memory of Aiden's mouth shook her core. She still felt the pleasure of his warm body brushing against hers. She could only imagine what it would feel like when they did it. Just a week ago, she detested the thought of being intimate with Aiden. Now, she wasn't so sure.

Aiden hummed in the driver's seat. He felt relaxed and at peace, having his girl by his side. He couldn't find the words to describe how much he liked her. His feelings for Sam were nothing like this. Emily was unbelievable. Incredible. And he didn't mean on just a sexual level. Her beautiful personality was what drove him to tease her, to care for her so deeply and passionately. Not that the sensual stuff wasn't remarkable too. Better than any of the other girls he carelessly slept with. She was special, and he adored her for it.

Aiden drove into an empty parking space and put the car in park, taking the keys out of the ignition.

Emily grabbed her backpack and started to push the passenger side door open. Aiden placed his hand on her arm, gently pulling her back before she could make her quick escape. She turned to face him, still blushing from her thoughts about their intimate shower session.

"What, no goodbye kiss?" he questioned.

She blushed harder.

"Oh, right... goodbye."

She leaned forward, placing a shy peck on his cheek.

He smiled at her.

"I meant something more like this."

His hands cupped the back of her head as he pulled her into him. His lips smashed on hers in a breathtakingly steamy kiss. Just when she was starting to lose her breath, he pulled away from her, smirking. His smirk turned into a grin as he watched her pant, the blush on her cheeks turning a bright red, almost matching the color of her lips.

"Now get to class, babe. I don't want you to be late because of me. Unless," he paused, leaning over to her side of the seat. "... you want to be."

She nodded slowly, not sure if she was agreeing to leaving or staying. She shifted back toward the car door, feeling Aiden's breath brush against the back of her ear.

Her head feeling heavy, she opened the door and got out before she wouldn't be able to leave.

Rushing through the parking lot and up the stairs, she didn't dare look back. Her core was seeping with warmth, his deep breaths still lingering on her skin. She couldn't escape from the image forming in her mind. An image of them, laying together on his bed, in the heat of passion. His very essence acted as a reminder of what was yet to come.

Walking into class, she sat down abruptly at her desk, hiding her face in her arms and letting the flashes of their weekend together sweep her away.