Chapter 34: A Warm Embrace

After another blissful make-out session, Emily lay on the soft woolen blanket, flustered. A dazed expression easily revealed the desire hidden away in her eyes. Aiden was resting beside her, panting. A drunken smile spread on his lips. Within the first twelve minutes he had to pull away, otherwise he was sure he would have drowned in her kisses.

Aiden gulped, taking in a strong breath of fresh, pine-scented air. The delightfully aromatic scent surrounded them fully. He cleared his throat before speaking in his slightly raspy, deep voice. It seemed to always get like that after their heated make-out sessions, as Emily was beginning to notice. She loved it.

"I... I didn't know you could move your tongue like that," he remarked in astonishment as he stared with wide eyes at the starry sky above them.

"Neither did I," she breathed in reply, her gaze stuck on the brightest star. Her star.

"Nice technique."

She giggled at his compliment. She could hear the awe in his tone.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself," she grinned.

She turned into him, cuddling against his side. He maneuvered to face her, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her to him, their bodies pressed tightly together. He stared down at her and she glanced up at him, her hand squished between their chests.

"That's good to hear, especially since I'm supposed to be the one with all the experience," he joked, poking her cheek with his finger.

She blushed, smiling as his index finger pressed against her dimple.

"I guess some of you is rubbing off on me," she added.

He released a deep, addictive laugh.

"I hope so..."

Her face developed a look of confusion.

"Wait, I don't get it..." Then, an inappropriate lightbulb flashed in her head. Her face transformed into a look of disgust. "Oh... that is so gross. Please, please forget I said that."

He continued to laugh as she pleaded him, a blush forming at the center of her cheeks and running across every crevice of her face.

"Never," he refused through laughs.

Emily smiled. Secretly, she enjoyed watching him chuckle at her embarrassment. He is so cute like this, she mused.

After his short laughing fit, he grinned down at her, leaning forward to give her a brief peck on her lips. He sat up, glancing at the empty fire pit.

"I'll go get some wood for the fire," he told Emily, imagining her cuddling him by a warm fire, the sound of wood crackling, igniting their passions as they embraced.

"I thought you already had wood?" Emily shouted as he walked away.

She heard him chuckle in the distance. She smiled at the sound.

See, I can make inappropriate jokes too, she thought. Even though the first one was kind of inadvertent, she cringed at her inner voice.

"Nice one," he replied as he walked further away, his voice getting faint. "And I do," he called out, louder this time.

It was her turn to laugh now. Even though he was gone, and the darkness was starting to scare her a little, just hearing his voice was enough. It must be hard... carrying all that wood, she grinned at her dirty thoughts. She knew he was stacked.

She sat up, thoughts rushing to her brain as fast as the blood rushing from it. Her mind shifted to Axel, but not the way it usually did, not after meeting Aiden. This time, her thoughts were of confliction, not blind love. Knowing how she felt around Aiden, she came to understand that this was true, real love. The feelings she once held for Axel were purely based on her imagination. She had to break this deal off with him. For now, she'd forget the plan. She could simply tell Axel she didn't want to go through with it and no harm would be done. There, problem solved.