Chapter 24: Desperately Deprived

It was Saturday evening. After reconciling with her mother for two and a half hours, Emily finally gained permission to stay with her friends for the rest of the weekend. Aiden was no help. He just lay on the bed next to her, watching with his sly grin, occasionally trailing his fingers up and down her thigh. Every time she'd swat his hand away, he'd laugh a little under his breath and continue his torturous teasing. She even earned a scolding from her mother for giggling, saying something about how true ladies aren't hyenas. It hurt a bit, but Emily brushed it off like she always did with her mother's cruel warnings. 

After her afternoon kissing and cuddling session with Aiden and the dreadful phone call, they chose to watch a movie together. Aiden let Emily choose the movie. She picked a romance she didn't imagine to be so steamy. However, it was comforting to see Aiden blush with her during the sex scenes. She would hide her face in the crook of his neck whenever they showed reproductive anatomy. Aiden was glad, he didn't want her looking at any other man that way.

At the times that Emily would leave to get water or popcorn or just get away from the graphic scenes, Axel would come to bombard her with questions. He kept urging her to continue with the plan, asking if Aiden was in love yet. Almost as if to test Aiden's awareness of the plan, he brought a girl over. Emily couldn't believe the lengths he was taking to keep Aiden unaware, going as far as bringing the big breasted blonde up to his room and making fake sex sounds with her. He was very convincing.

Aiden didn't know what Axel was up to, but he didn't care. Seeing him walk up the stairs with a new girl clinging to him, he hoped that Emily was alright. He wanted her to know that they were together now. That was all that mattered.

During the movie, they ate take-out, laughing awkwardly when the main character lost his towel. Though the movie wasn't proving the best visual of a healthy sexual relationship, Aiden had at least learned some new techniques. It was like the Kama-Sutra on film.

As the credits were rolling on the screen, Aiden looked down at Emily in his arms.

"What should we do now?" he asked, the vibrations of his voice travelling through her.

She lifted her head, looking around the room for something to do.

"Hmm... How about... The Game of Life? I played that before with-"

"Axel, I know," he interrupted. "I don't want to play that game."

She gazed at him questioningly.

"Why not?"

He reached up, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"I don't want to see you getting married and having babies with another man. I want to play with you, not against you."

She gazed into his eyes, looking deeply into his kind soul. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

"Well, what should we do instead?"

He grinned.

"Let's make out."

She smiled, shaking her head in disbelief. Or maybe not.

"We just did that three hours ago."

He shook his head.

"Correction: four hours ago. And I'm feeling deprived."

She laughed as he pulled her against him to kiss up her neck. She squealed in delighted surprise.

"Aiden," she fussed.

He groaned in sexual frustration.

"Come on, that movie was too much. You picked it. Are you trying to tease me?"