Chapter 23: In the Moment

"You're what?"

"I'm breaking up with him. Well, I'm going to..."

Emily wavered off, not really knowing what else to say. Aiden looked shocked, which was no surprise to her. What she couldn't quite compensate was the slight elation twinkling in his eyes.

"Is this because we... you know?" he was having trouble forming words at this abrupt news.

She huffed.

"Yes I know, and no, it's not because you touched me. You doing that doesn't mean that I automatically belong to you," she defended.

His eyes narrowed.

"I know that," he replied. "Then, why are you breaking up with him?"

She sat up a little straighter on the bed.

"Because I want you," she said, glancing up at him through her eyelashes.

He laughed.

"So, you don't belong to me, but you want me to belong to you?"

"That's right."

He let out a sigh, walking toward her, towel around his neck. Bending down to her level, he whispered.

"I guess I'll just have to deal with it then."

He lowered his head, planting his lips on hers in a chaste kiss.

"Suck it up," she smirked, grabbing both sides of his towel and pulling him to her lips.

He fell on the bed, onto her. They embraced passionately. Her hands grazed over his chest, around his back, delighting in the soft yet hard expanse of his body. His lips meandered down her neck, cupping her bra with one hand.

He gently sucked on the top of her breast. It rose and fell with each of Emily's wavering breaths. He tentatively brushed his thumb over her bra, hooking it under the fabric and pulling down. His thumb brushed past her nipple. 

Looking up at her through his lashes, he searched for any hesitation in her eyes. She glanced down at him and nodded slowly. Smirking up at her, his lips travelled lower. He reached her nipple and she gasped as his lips circled her soft pink flesh. She had never felt such a tingling warmth in that area. The new experiences felt remarkable.

His tongue flicked her nipple. At his movement, she could feel that her nipple had perked up in his mouth. Sucking and licking, he elicited a blissful moan from her, causing her stomach to press up into his. He felt the indent of her bellybutton brush against the middle of his abdomen.

"A-Aiden," she cried, pleasurable tingles threading down to her core in an unbearable sensation.

Suddenly, the door flew open. Emily's head snapped in the direction of the sound. Aiden lifted his head, his lips popping off of her nipple.

 Aiden lifted his head, his lips popping off of her nipple

Axel stood at the doorway, mouth hanging open.

"What the hell?" yelled Aiden, releasing his thumb from her bra and raising onto his knees. He grabbed a pillow and threw it at Axel's head.

Axel ducked. The pillow smacked against the wall behind him.

"You better not be peeping," Aiden warned, fuming.

Emily reached up to touch his abdomen. She was hoping her touch would calm him down. It did. Looking down at her, he removed the towel from his neck, unraveled it, and threw it on her. It covered her chest and stomach. She huffed, smiling. He was always trying to cover her. But this time, it was because he didn't want Axel to see.

Amongst the chaos, Axel found his voice.

"I-I should be the one saying 'what the hell.' First Penelope, now Emily... why do you keep stealing my girlfriends?"

He looked heartbroken, tears glistening in his eyes, but Emily knew better. This was all part of the plan. Well, not the events of last night or this morning, but the rest was going as planned.

Aiden didn't know what to do. He felt bad, but he was developing strong feelings for Emily. Real feelings. And he was not about to let that go.

"Look, I'm sorry, but we're together now," he declared with a determined face. "Tell him, Emily."

He hated putting the pressure on her. He wanted to protect her, but she had to be brave too, for them. He grabbed her hand gently. Looking at Aiden's encouraging gaze, then back to Axel, she spoke her next words carefully.

"I... want to break up," she winced at how horrible it sounded. However, it had to be done, for the plan. Then maybe Axel would love her back.

Axel feigned hurt. Holding his hand to his heart, he looked pleadingly into her eyes.

"You don't mean that, do you?"

"Um," she felt like she was reading off a cue card. "Yes?"

Aiden was glancing back and forth between the two.

"Yes," she repeated, louder this time when Axel shot her an unconvinced look.

 "Fine," he scowled at Aiden. "Go ahead, take another one of my girlfriends. She's all yours."

He turned dramatically and stomped away.

Aiden's head whipped to her. A large grin stretched across his face. He couldn't help it. She was all his.

"Did you hear that? You're all mine," his grin changed into a smirk as he lowered himself onto her.

She smiled back at him.

"I belong to no one."

He leaned in for another kiss. They stayed like that until late afternoon, kissing and smiling, loving each other tenderly.