Chapter 9: Baking with Passion

"Let's make some cookies, Axel," Emily said, loud enough for the kissing couple to hear.

Penelope broke away from the kiss and looked up at Emily, then Axel, panting under her breath.

Aiden turned his head to glare at Emily for ruining his longest lasting make out session.

Axel turned to look at Emily, avoiding looking at Penelope, who was staring up at him with passion in her eyes. Axel assumed it was from kissing his brother.

"Okay, babe. Let's do that."

They turned to the kitchen, Axel barely catching the sorrowful look in Penelope's eyes and the small pout on her sexy red lips.

Emily found an apron in the kitchen and put it on. She searched for stirring bowls and asked Axel to get the butter and flour.

"What kind of cookies are we making?"

"Fat-free cookies. I make them for my mother all the time."

"But, isn't butter full of fat?"

She looked at him and smirked.

"What my mother doesn't know won't hurt her."

He laughed out loud.

"You are such a bad child," he exclaimed.

"It's not like she needs fat-free. She's just one of those slim-fast people."

"Wow."

They got to baking, occasionally throwing flour on each other when the other wasn't looking. Emily was pretty sure she had flour in her hair and down her shirt.

Axel excused himself, saying he had to use the bathroom, and left. She began balling up the cookies and placing them onto baking sheets.

Out of nowhere, Emily felt arms wrap around her waist. Someone pressed the front of their body to her back and dipped their lips to her ear.

"You know, if you were my girlfriend, I wouldn't allow you to wear clothes underneath this apron."

The man with the deep, low voice wrapped his lips around her earlobe and bit down lightly.

Emily felt a tightening warmth in her stomach and pulled her head away. His teeth grazed along her ear as she moved.

She turned to look at the man and came face-to-face with Aiden.

"I don't think the girl you were just kissing would appreciate you telling me that."

"Don't worry, baby. We don't have to tell her. And I sent her away five minutes ago, so you can be as bad as you want."

"That is so rude. You are such a cheater!"

"Not true, baby. She's not my girlfriend. We have a mutual agreement."

She looked at him incredulously.

"Get away from me. I'm on a date."

His gaze turned from playful to upset.

"Oh yeah, what a great date this is. Baking cookies."

"Leave! Before..."

She looked around, grabbing a balled cookie.

"before your balls go from this, to this!"

She smashed her fist into the cookie, flatting it.

"Actually, mine are bigger."

Emily blushed, her cheeks puffing out and her eyes lighting up in anger.

"Get out!"

He smirked and walked away confidently, feeling that he won this argument.