Chapter 40: Right to Fight

Aiden couldn't speak. He could barely breathe. Laying on his bed, dazing in and out as he blinked through memories. Visions of their future shattered behind his closed lids. Them dancing under the moonlight, the silken threads of her hair blowing in the wind. He'd reach out and drag some flyaways across her forehead, tucking them behind her petite ear. How he wished to lean down and nibble on her tender lobe, eliciting the sweetest moans from her delicate pink lips. A blush would rise to her cheeks and he'd pull away to let his eyes graze her fragile porcelain skin. Her molten chocolate eyes would fill with an innocent beauty that could melt his heart constantly, and he'd always stubbornly demand to protect her from the dangers of the world. Who knew that he'd be the one needing protection... from her. He felt nothing but betrayal.

Wiping his eyes, he picked up the phone, feeling the innate desire to release some energy in one of the few ways he knew how: sex, drugs, or combat.

He didn't want to hear another women's endearingly deceptive voice and drugs weren't his thing. That left him with one option.

Dialing Tristan, he waited for him to answer, the seconds ticking in hours.

"Sup dude?" Tristan picked up.

"Is there a fight tonight?" he asked.

He picked at his nail as he heard a woman giggling obnoxiously on the other side. He was sick of women.

"What, man? I thought you were done with Maniax." he replied, referring to the underground fighting arena.

"Well, I'm not. Is there a fight?" Aiden grumbled.

"What happened? This isn't like you. You'll get hurt."

He wouldn't mind that. In fact, he'd like it. The physical pain could block the emotions crushing him from Emily.

"Just give me the time, Trish," he demanded, blowing out a breath of hot air.

He heard a sigh on the other side.

"11:30 tonight. Mickey and Gunther are the undefeated, Corrie is starting as rookie. Why-"

Aiden hung up.

Ross picked up the phone

"Hello?"

"Rose, we've got a problem."

She rolled her eyes at Tristan's urgency.

"What is it this time, trying to get away from Scary Sharon again?"

"How did you know I was with her? And anyway, she calls herself Super Sharon."

Carol passed the soccer ball to her and she kicked it back. He had to call during soccer practice.

"It's Monday. As in, Monday Funday with Super Sharon and her magic jugs," Carol ran to her, whispering something frantically in her ear. "Carol says hi, by the way."