1

Alvarez Empire- 784- present day

This is my first big step to my own life, one without the stress of my controlling father. And It feels great! Not a care in the world! Stretching my arms over head, I was enjoying a peaceful stroll through the city. I'd just left my hotel I'm staying at and was heading off to the first part of my mission.

I'd been living in Ishgar (eastern) for six months already and was working hard. My love of writing had me practicing as an underdog at Magnolia Times, the top magazine company there. However my dream was to actually write the articles.. not proofreading them and run mindless errands. Luckily, my boss seemed to want me to succeed. And after 5 long months of hard work and lack of sleep, he finally approved me for my first article! So here I began..

{Alvarez Empire~ the resting place of Zeref Dragneel}

Walking with a spring in my step, I was looking forward to the walk I had in front of me. I'd spent the last 3 hours on an airplane from my home in Magnolia to here. For the next two days I'll be searching for the shrine's of the Ishgar and Alakitasia warlords, the Dragneel brothers..

After a 5 mile walk, I started to see the giant red torii's in the distance. I pulled out my camera and snapped a few photos of the entrance, this part seemed to be some what tourist friendly. But once I'd stepped through the threshold that disappeared, the area was decorated beautifully. I was captivated and a few steps later I'd reached my destination..

~•~

A while later.. a woman came up to the monument, dressed in a very expensive looking greenish/gold ruffle blouse, with a purple skirt and lab coat. Interesting. Now why would someone dressed like that be out here? I watched her from the corner of my eye and continuing to jot down notes for my article.

Standing silently a few feet from the left of me, I notice her eyes flicking from the stone to her watch. Her short green hair fluttered in the light breeze. My curiosity began to get the best of me..

She's too young to be a doctor. Probably a medical student. And what a serious expression she's got, maybe a gang? No way! She was becoming more intriguing than the monument with every thought. I couldn't help looking, she was not only out of the ordinary, but beautiful!

Just then a drop of cold rain fell on my nose.
Raising my head, I looked up to see the sky through my sun glasses. It's completely covered in dark grey clouds, the one drop is now a downpour of rain as a white jagged lightning bolt dances across the my gaze.

"Oh no." I mumble to myself scrambling to get my little note book back in my bag.

The green haired woman sighed. "What poor timing."

"No kidding, clear skies until next week they said! Stupid weather report." I rolled my eyes and huffed with annoyance as I replied.

She lightly chuckled and nodded, with a reply. "You wouldn't happen to have an umbrella, would you?"

I removed my sun glasses and placed them in a side pocket of my bag, then looked up to the women with a frown. "I sadly do not." I replied.

Suddenly a bolt of lightning crackled down through the sky in a blaze of white, shattering the stone monument in a shower of pieces. I threw my arms up to protect my eyes, heat replacing cold for an instant.

'What in the world.. I've never seen lightning that close before!' I thought as the loud cracking sound still echoed through my head, My eyes still wide with shock.

And just like that the rain vanished, the clouds cleared and the sun once again shined brightly. It's was at that moment I realized in my surprise from the lighting I'd collapsed onto the stone walkway. I quickly stood up, regaining my composure, "That sure was a close call. Not so much for Zeref's monument though." As I spoke I turned towards were the woman had been standing. However just as if she'd never been there, I was standing alone.

"Huh!" I exclaimed with concern, thinking she might have been hit as well. I searched my near by surroundings. 'She really isn't here!? Where, how!? Eh, maybe I should go back to my hotel and rest..' I'd already started walking while I thought to myself.

::Definition note::

Torii: the gateway of a Shinto shrine, with two uprights and two crosspieces.