24

I tucked the smoke bomb away for safe keeping. Once I'd returned to Dragnof Castle, I had decided I'd train. If there was to be a war, I had to be ready, just in case.

~•~

It was now night fall, I'd already ended my training and changed into something light for bed. When there was a knock at my door.

A young woman's voice called out. "Excuse me, Lady Lucy?"

"Yes?"

The lady in waiting walked in and advised that Natsu was calling for my presence in the tenshu. 'He's left me waiting for days! But now that I'm physically warn and ready for bed, he calls. Eh!' I bow to the young woman and make my way to Lord Natsu..

Making my way down the long tenshu, I smirked. 'If he thinks he's going to get the best of me then he's got another thing coming! Tonight is my night!' I nodded my head sharply and took a deep breath to pump myself up as I entered his room.

He was reclined on his armrest, waiting for me. He smiled at me as our eyes met. I had to fight back the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Take a seat, Luce."

Taking a seat across from him with the goban between us. "Shall we begin?" I said with a gesture towards the game board.

But Natsu reached out, catching my right hand. His hand still inhumanly warm against my chilled skin from the evening air.

I raised one brow, "What do you think your up to and right before our game?"

"Do not forget Miss Lucy, I've already won your right hand."

Lord Natsu's eyes closed as he kissed the back of my hand. His warmth radiating from his lips made my heart beat rapidly, along with a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. 'Crap! This is to distracting.. Stay strong Lucy girl!'

"Hmm, will you gasp once more for me tonight once I've claimed my next territory?"

'W-Wait.. he wants to make me gasp!? Is that what he's getting out of this? Hmp! Where's there's something in it for me too!' Lord Natsu's lips felt like slipping into a hot tub. It wasn't love, it just felt good.

"What a pleasant reaction."

Since that first loss, Natsu's fierce kisses had kindled a desire in me for something I wasn't sure I needed, but I wasn't sure I didn't need it either. 'Ahh, if he keeps this up I'll melt!'

I decide to take my hand away. "I can't play with one hand, unless you want to forfeit."

"Heh, let's began."

Natsu took first move, I was used to the clacking of the stones, so much that I found the sound pleasant. I was going over my strategy in my head. When it turned his turn I caught a glimpse of him, his eyes weren't warm and I could tell he played for keeps. But there was still a part of him that treated it like game. He watched my moves carefully and eager to respond. 'But then again this is the guy who turned a friendly broad game into strip go.'

"You lose, Lady Lucy."

"I did!" I huffed with frustration, "I held out for so long too!"

Natsu gave me a puzzled look. "Hm, your rather upset about your loss, huh?"

"Well yeah!" 'But I guess this won't be so bad?' I started proudly pointing out the bit of territory I'd managed to defend.

Natsu gave me the widest smile I'd ever seen and praised me on my improvement. "Now, come closer."

I stood up and approached him slowly as he leaned back, watching me. Once seated beside him, Natsu wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. This put us face to face, and I was starting to fall under that spell of his.

With a tilt of his head, "I choose this." His Long fingers tugged on the lobe of my ear.

'My ear? That's what he wants?' I giggled to myself. But Natsu closed the distance and in that instant a gust of cold air brushed by, causing all my senses to focus on that one area.

With a deep, guttural voice he whispered, "Who taught you?"