25

a couple of days after the night Natsu claimed my left ear, I was visiting Levy before heading to a meeting with the warlords. Of course Natsu wanted me up front in center at his side, 'how embarrassing.. especially now that everyone in the castle knows of our little bet.' I was laying on Levy's futon as she asked how the latest game of goban went.

"So he claimed your ear lobe?" She lightly chuckled.

"Y-Yeah, I laughed at first too.. but he spoke softly with a sonorous voice, kissing and nipping along the curve." I rolled my eyes at her teasing laughs but my mind was stuck on the thought of his heated breath so close to my skin. She must have realized my daydream because she cleared her throat with another laugh and I glanced at her with a seriousness as I continued explaining the events of last night..

"So I answered him truthfully, it was Gray." I huffed a unconscious, disappointing sigh, 'Something about my relationship with Natsu was bugging me.. it's been a few days and nothing, not a word..' I then hide my face with embarrassment. "With the mix of the tone in his voice and the sensations I really thought I was going to die! I mean I've never... done anything before. So when I reached my limit I ended my tournament and rushed out of there!" Levy blinked at me a moment and then busted into a hard laugh. Tears and all.

"Hahahaha! Lu-Chan! You really ran away!? Haha!!"

"Well yeah! Who wouldn't? I have one of the most powerful warlords trying to devour me like I'm some kind of candy!" I yelped in defense, still giving her a serious look.

"Ye-yeah, haha, he's trying to devour you alright!"

"Oh good grief! Haha, Levy!"

~•~

I'd left Levy's some time later and it was now time for the council to gather. 'I wonder what this could be about.' I bowed as I took my seat, I dared myself to look at the dais. Natsu looked over the assembled group. Despite requesting my presence, his gaze swooped right past me.

'Way to make it feel like my being here was a afterthought! Geez, I'm starting to sound..jeal- No!' I mentally shook my head to release thoughts of him aside as the war council began.

"I'll start first My lord," Erza spoke up first. "I have a report on the villains who attacked you at Magnolia-ji. So I sent several men to follow their tracks. I hoped to search their whereabouts, however.. last night several bodies where delivered to the castle. It was the men I had sent out."

'Wha-'  I went cold.  All the warlords, including little Wendy were expressionless at the report. 'How can they be so calm while more people loose their lives.. Is this really that so normal?'

Natsu wore a disturbingly pleased smile. "They must have gotten close, it would be apparent their leader doesn't want me leaning his identity."

"We maybe out of leads my lord, but we won't give up the search. The assassins won't be allowed to roam free." Their was anger in Erza's voice.

"Erza, I want you and Gray, along Sting, to come to my room afterwards to discuss this more."

In unison the three agreed. With that information, Natsu continued the war council with a smile. But I couldn't understand why they started to get excited, who would want to go to war. My only experience had been in the dancing flames of our meeting and when he'd dragged me out of camp and almost to my death.

'Am I naive thinking life here in the castle is good..'

Fighting is a everyday thing here, peace and war are both completely normal. Looking at their faces, I finally got it..

At the sound of a throat being cleared my head snapped up and out of my thoughts.

"Lucy, it's your turn." Natsu looked relaxed on the dais, but his eyes were focused.

"M-my apologies, I have nothing to report." I stuttered, a bit embarrassed due to being lost in thought.

"Hm, I actually have orders for you."

"M-me?"