55

'This would be a nice make-out spot-! Agh! Lucy get your head out of the gutter!' With a shake of my head I readied myself for anything.

"Tell me what you need and I'll run and get the supplies."

"You already have everything I need." Natsu stroke my lip with his thumb, sending a quick spark racing up my back.

My breath caught for a moment, "I-I thought you-!"

Natsu's left land grasped my hip, tugging at me, his impatient touch caused sweet signals to go off inside me. Unconsciously I put my arms around his neck.

"I'm exhausted. But I need to feel you against me."

I breathed a sigh of relief, "I could use a bit of that too."

I laid my head under his chin, there I could hear his steady, deep heartbeat as I sought his warmth.

Natsu's POV

The setting sun signified a break in the battle with Acnologia. So I led my troops back. The moment the fighting ended, I could see Lucy's face clearly in my mind. Once I had returned, Lucy found me, excitedly running to greet me.

I told her I was hurting, which wasn't a lie. I ached to see her, to hold her. We left camp and found a quiet spot in an empty field. Lucy once again asked if I was ok, I reinsured her. I brought my thumb to her lips. Brushing their softness.

The warmth I craved from her flowed into my fingers, hers was a much different heat compared to mine. Lucy understood my need. She put her arms around me, giving me comfort. I'd felt as if I'd caught a moonbeam.

"I half expected you to pull the tough guy act around me."

"Why?"

"Because no matter how bad the situation, your always telling everyone not to worry. You make them believe."

"I suppose your right."

Until her, there hadn't been a time in my life that it was safe to show weakness.

"For some reason, I can't hide it from you. Perhaps the way your open with your emotions is rubbing off on me?"

'Though I can't imagine telling anyone else this. Gray surely would never let it down.' The mere thought of doing so, was distasteful to me.

Lucy laughed. "You aren't allowed to show this side of you to anyone else."

'How curious.'

"I want to keep it all to myself, call it part of my domain."

'Heh, she's using my own words to claim me. So, I'm rubbing off on her too. This side of me is indeed all yours.'

"You didn't even have to ask."

I took her hand in mine and it appeared to glow in the light. Kissing the back of her hand, feeling the softness against my lips. I was drawn further to her fingers. Lucy let out a low moan, and I saw in her darkening eyes that she loved it.

"It was good we moved away from camp. I don't want other men to hear those sounds you're making."

As if she new how it would make me feel, Lucy let out another sensual sigh. Letting go of her fingertips, I slipped my hand down, and grabbed her rear. Drawing her closer to me.

Before Lucy could protest, I sealed her lips with a kiss. She felt feverishly warm in my arms. 'I need heat, your voice isn't enough.' Driven, I caressed her tongue with mine. It was like sweet candy. I savored every taste. After we parted, I was left panting. I would spend my last breathe of air designing her.

My body ached from breathlessness, from the long day, and from my need of her.

I then touched my lips to her ear, my voice rasping. I kissed locks of hair away, catching the ridge of her ear in my lips. Lucy's body shivered in my tight embrace. A tender, hoarse cry broke from her trembling lips. As I sucked on her blushing nape.

This had been the conquest that changed me into the man that can't live without you.

We sank down into the cool grass. I was losing strength, as much as I wanted to carry on.. 'Is it the long day that's made me so tired? Or are you the sweet toxin stealing my strength?'

Lucy pulled away, looking at me. "Natsu?"

"Luce, your beautiful in the moonlight."

Lucy chuckled, "Yeah, and you look ready to drop."

"Hm, it's a feeling close to regret."

My impulses relented to reason as I stood up and offered her my hand.

"Come."

Lucy nodded her head. The honey-colored moon lit our path back to camp. Hand in hand, we walked through the grass. It rustled with our footsteps in the windless night. We slowed our pace, both of us trying to draw out our moment together as long as we could. To hold on to our happiness as long as possible.

'I'll show you how much I need you. That I crave you in ways you can't yet imagine.'

End of Natsu's POV