62

'If a storm such as this is actually coming, and it's objective is to correct history.. then, doesn't that mean.. "Natsu will.. die?"

After a few moments, Natsu indeed did wake up. Even though he was groggy, he new something was wrong.

"L-Lucy?"

So as I helped him to his feet, I explained about the danger of the storm heading our way. By the time we'd reached the guild..

"So we need to run?"

"Yes.."

I couldn't help but feel ashamed.. Natsu wasn't one to run. So I didn't expect him to, I expected him to laugh, and tell me we'd fight it or something.. However, as I stared daggers into the ground, blurred my teary eyes.. Natsu quickly snatch the reins of a near by horse and pull me on to its back by the hand.

"Then we'll run. Yah!" He said as he placed me in front of him and kicked the horse into high speed.

"W-what about Zeref!?"

"I won't let you leave me, not even at the hands of a God. As for Zeref, he wants me, he'll find me."

~*~

We'd come a long ways, away from camp by now. The rain started pouring down as if opening a flood fare. Our bodies both drenched, and I was chilled to the bone. But as long as we were still in the storm, Natsu vowed to keep running.

"Thank you for believing me, and coming with me."

"I would have never let you go alone. Lie or not, I'd believed you any ways."

"Why?"

"Because it's you. Though just this once, I wish you had lied. I can't bare the thought of you disappearing. Of not being able to always be together.."

Natsu's grip tightened.

"That would never happen, we'll be together forever."

I laid against his chest. Even in the rain, he didn't feel cold. We continued in silence for a while longer.

....

And soon after, 'The storm? We made it out!?' The clouds gave way, there wasn't a drop of rain in sight. And the only clouds in the sky were light, harmless wisps.

"Hm, we seemed to have cleared the storm."

"We made it!"

'What time is it? Hopefully we're far enough away, and that the wormhole came and went empty handed.'

Natsu was still alert as I wondered. He looked up gravely at the sky.

"I don't think we've done it yet. There's a cloud formation in the-."

"ACHOO!"

"Lucy?" Natsu blinked in surprise at my sneeze.

Natsu slowed the horse's pace. He brushed locks of my rain-soaked hair aside with his wet hands. Then he gently stroked my cheek. "Perhaps we should seek shelter? You're soaked."

"And so are you." I lightly chuckled as he smiled gently at me. Though Natsu's hands were dripping wet from the rain, they were still just as warm as always, unlike mine. 'Here I've been worried about him, I guess it'd be unfair if I didn't let him as well..'

"I'll have you dried soon." Natsu said pointing at something just ahead. "There's a cabin by that grove. We'll stop there."

"It was only a sneeze. If you feel it isn't safe-." But my argument fell silent. "Okay."

As we rode toward the cabin, I looked up at Natsu's face. He's changed so much from the way he was when I first met him, he's honest about his concern for me, and his eyes aren't cold anymore.

Wrapped in his arms, I looked into his warm and loving eyes as we rode a little farther.

......

Calling the little abandoned shack a cabin was a overstatement. Still, it was shelter, and warmer than outside.

I peeked through the window. The sky was still clear, with no trace of rain or lightning.

Natsu was currently drying himself with the heat of his own flames. Now that both of sat completely dried, I approached him-

Natsu places his warm hands on my hips, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Natsu pulled me in tightly against his chest. It was almost as if he was trying to make sure that I stayed..

His hand began to trail along my body, seeking.. Natsu then loosened the front of my kimono, and it spilled down over my chest. Teasing my exposed shoulders with his teeth.

"Ahh~ Na-stu.. you once said you didn't deserve this."

"Hm?"

"I'm starting to think the same about me."

"And why's that?"

"Tonight it felt like the world itself was telling me I was wrong for loving you. Because by doing so, I'm changing history."

Natsu looked into my eyes with a look that drew me in completely.

"But I cant stop myself from wanting you, Natsu. I don't care if it's not allowed, or if it destroys time itself. I love you and always will."

"Luce-."

Natsu caught my chin, stealing my lips, and as we kissed, my heart burned for him.

'I love you and I don't care where it leads me. Just never let me go.'