63

But just as if we'd gotten to comfortable.. the pitter patter of rain started up once more with a roar of angry thunder and blinding lightening.

"N-no, please!"

We ran outside, the sky was hidden away behind thick grey clouds, and the rain poured down like a draped curtain.

"But we've come so far!"

Without a word Natsu took my hand. As we turned to look back at the shack, Natsu scuffed "Tch, Damn it!" As I realized with horror-

"Natsu, the horse!"

"Yeah. We'll run on foot!"

He tugged my hand and we ran. Even if this storm isn't related to the wormhole, it wouldn't be safe for us to stay out in the open.

"I won't allow you to be taken from me again! Or hit by lightning!"

'Definitely not! We're like sitting ducks out in the open with this lightning! Nooo, thank you!"

"Running east will bring us to the foot of the mountains. We can find shelter under the cliffs!"

"Ok!"

I gripped his hand tight as we dashed through the tall wet grass, mud clinging to our shoes. The rain fell like a waterfall. It had become impossible to see through, yet we continued to run. All the warmth Natsu had given me, was quickly stolen away by the heavy downpour.

'I won't let go, I refuse to live in a world without you!'

Just as I thought that, the sky lit up in a blinding flash of light. And a thunderous roar sounded right over our heads—

"Aah!"

"Lucy!"

Natsu grabbed me, and the two of us jumped out of the way of the strike. It was so close that I became flash blind and was deafened. 'What the heck!?' I blinked and rubbed my eyes until my vision returned. When it did though—

The patch of grass where we had been standing was now a charred, smoking spiral. Natsu stood up, cradling me in his arms, all while glaring at the storm clouds above.

"Damn it! It really is like heaven is intent on correcting its mistake after all."

A cold awful feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. I swallowed my breath, my throat tight. 'How he must feel, knowing he should have died twice..'

All of a sudden, I became dizzy. I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling like I was going to topple over...

•Natsu's POV•

'The wormhole May be coming for her, but it's clear this storm is here for me. Countless threats on my life, yet now, heaven is telling me to die? I see no way out of this, but for her-'

I looked down at Lucy, drenched from the rain, shivering in my arms. She was cold, but try as I might, the warmth I tried to offer only seemed to sizzle into the rain.

'I need to keep her safe!'

Then, as if summoned by my thoughts-

I felt a wave of dizziness that forced me to close my eyes. When I opened them, I saw a thick blanket of fog forming around us.

'Could this be it?' "What's-?"

"This is the exact same as the last one!"

'Of course it is..'

Above us, heaven threatened me with another fierce roar.

"No, this can't happen! I won't go back!!"

Lucy fought against the fog as it spiraled up around her, trying to pull us apart.

'Lucy.. my Lucy- no, there's only one way to keep her safe..'

The lightning danced, eager to be released. Memories of my time with Lucy flashed through my mind. How I wished these lightning bolts were only Laxus, and not of the heavens..

.....