66

One month later...

I was settling into my new job quite well, though as I fixed the broken pieces of the last three months, I found that I misplaced my mother's Aquarius necklace.

Currently I was out for my job getting some information for a newsletter I'd be writing. This led me near a familiar place.

The memorial of the youngest Dragneel brother..

As I walked by the first set of Tori Gates, I couldn't dismiss the odd pulling sensation. 'Hmm... why not? I have time.'

Soon I found myself walking down the cherry blossom covered walk way. 'Hm, I think I sat here once and had lunch..' thinking this, I sat to rest on the near by bench. "Did I pass the memorial already? Hm.."

I thought a loud, when suddenly-

"Meow!"

"!"

'Not this again! Stop! This is driving me-!' I shook my head, trying to relieve myself of the constant echo. But at that moment, something soft and warm purred, while rubbing my leg.

'I-it's really a cat..' Happy to see a real cat this time I scooped it up into my arms. "Your a pretty kitty."

The cat was a blueish color, with green eyes. It nuzzled me as if it recognized me. I chuckled, "You wouldn't happen to know if I'm lost, would you? I've seemed to have passed up- whoa.. Deja vu! Nah, your just a cat."

.....

Some time later I gave up on finding the memorial and headed home, leaving the cat behind. I could've sworn it looked sad..

I was exiting the train, by the time I reached my stop the sun was setting, and everything was bathed in an orange huge.

As I looked for the key to my apartment, I noticed a male figure walking my way. Oddly enough I was mesmerized, the sunset shinning brightly behind him left his silhouette bathed in gold. The name came to my lips so easily, I hadn't realized I was the one who said it.. "Loke?"

The man kept walking though, with a slight nod of his head and a soft smile. 'What- why did I say-!'

But suddenly my mind went blank, hand still in my purse, I froze. When I retrieved the item that had me in shock.. "M-mother's missing key!?"

I had dumped my purse out numerous times, torn my apartment upside down. I knew it was no where to be found.. yet here it was.

I quickly unlocked my door, after finding my actual keys. I was exhausted, my body feeling extremely heavy, and I wasn't really sure why.

I flopped down on my bed and curled up.. passing out.

....

"Lucy, you need to snap out of it!" 'Loke'

"Lucy please come back!!" 'Wendy'

"Oh Lu-Chan I miss you.." 'Levy'

Familiar voices echoed while I slept.

"I love you, Luce.." 'N-Natsu'

"Meow~~ Lushee!"

"!"

I jolted up out of bed, the sound of scratching at my front door, "H-Happy!" I remember. I remembered everything, my tears trickled down uncontrollably.

'I'm back in the present, I- I left Natsu..' My heart was torn in two. I slumped to the floor, sobbing. 'But how- how can I get back-! The- e-eclipse gate! I have to go now!'

My body moved on its own, rushing out of my apartment. I barely remembered grabbing the small flashlight that hung on my key rack. The front door slammed behind me, as I'm hit with heavy rain.

"Meow." The ghostly sound of Happy, cries out again. "I remember where it is!"

....

I make my way through the Tori Gates, past the small shrine. I pass the bench I sat on with the cat earlier today. Jumping the threshold of the walk way ropes and lined wall of bamboo.

I felt almost crazy, thinking that I'd somehow reached the cave entrance much faster then the first time. I stood there a moment. Four months ago, in this exact spot, and changed my life..

"Please let this work!"

Slowly I walked up the weathered stone steps, and in to the mouth of the cave.

Even with a flashlight, though small, the darkness of the cave made it go on forever. Stumbling along all the cracks and lose sediment, I took my time. Finally I reached the glowing light of fireflies.