72

Happy landed on my head, as Erza and Sting caught me in a big bear hug.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was about you?" Erza retorted.

"Heh, I'm sorry. Cosmological forces beyond human comprehension, and all!"

"Wha-? No excuses! You aren't allowed to leave us ever again!" Sting chimed in.

"Whoa there, Sting, be a little more circumspect. You're before our lord, you know!" Rogue scolded.

"....This is a one-time thing. I'll apologize later."

"Sounds good to me. Then I'll join in-."

"Out of my way!!" Levy yelled unable to hold back any longer, pushing through Sting, Erza, and Rogue, to give me a huge hug.

'Oof! Triple hug!'

But instead, Erza and Sting joined in, adding to the already tight hug. Suddenly, Gray threw a big hug around me from behind. "You look good, Lucy. We're glad to have you back."

"Thanks, I know, I was worried about you all too."

'Ok guys, it's getting a bit hard to breathe now!'

I scanned around me for assistance, my eyes landing on Jellal.

Yet, Jellal only raised a brow and, "Don't look at me. I can't convince either of them to stop."

"How do you always know what people are thinking!?"

"Its just you, I'm afraid. You're ridiculously easy to read."

With a crescent smile on his lips, Jellal strolled forward, along with Gajeel, who patted me on the head. Leaning close to add. "Glad to have you back. This place's more lively with you around. I know Levy sure is happy."

I smiled, "Uh-huh, thanks, me too!"

"Uh.. Miss Lucy, Would it be all right if I joined in as well?"

"Of course, Wendy. Only if you pull me free-!"

My hand, the only part of me free from the hug sandwich, was claimed by Wendy. "Welcome back Lucy! We were all waiting your return!"

I sighed happily, though my plea once again went unnoticed. "I can see that, I'm happy to see every one too."

"Oh come on, this is stupid. Don't you know how silly you all look?"

'Romeo! Your ill tempered snark might be the way to freedom!'

"Don't act so stuffy! Come on, join the fun!" Said Happy, who had left to greet Natsu before the craziness started. But came back to join in.

"What!? No, I don't want-!"

Happy flew into Romeo, knocking him into our group hug. Thrusted into the middle of our ball of affection, Romeo stared at me like a deer in head lights.

"Good to see you too, Romeo. How's your dad?"

His cheeks flushed red and he averted his gaze, as he answered. "He's fine... Welcome back, Lucy."

"Enough. All of you."

Wendy and Romeo, at least, stiffened up like they'd been caught doing something bad. Natsu finally walked through the gates, looking moody. Everyone let go, shuffling off innocently, and I was able to breathe again.

'Phew!'

"Why, my lord, I had no idea you'd returned as well. Welcome back." Jellal smirked.

"Don't give us that sour face. It's a special occasion." Erza added.

"You'll let us off the hook, right?" Sting asked.

"Today is everyone's first and last warning."

"My lord, I'm terribly sorry. This all began with my audacious behavior." Sting bowed low with a grave face.

"Sting, don't apologize so seriously. Not unless you have aims on Lucy. Do you?"

"M-my lord-.." Sting's face grew taut for a moment.

'Oh come on, Natsu.'

I saw his eyes flick toward me and away again. He wore a poignant little smile. "Not at all. You're the only one who can make her happy, Lord Natsu."

"And you, Lucy." Natsu picked me up in his strong arms, holding me aloft. My heart skipped to see the smile on his face. It was a smile that was sharing the fun.

"Don't blame the victim! A few more minutes and I would've become a hornet in one of those honey bee balls!"

"Then you should have asked your boyfriend for help. That's what I'm here for."

"I don't usually have to. You're pretty good in a pinch."

I smiled back at Natsu. That's when a whistle from Gildarts drew my attention. "Show off!"

"Do we have to watch this?" Romeo complained.

"I think it's sweet, right my love?" Juvia, who'd literally came out of nowhere, snuggled up to Gray.

Gray wrapped an arm around her waist, "That's arguable. But there's a lot to do and it won't get done with us standing here."

"What are you two talking about?"

"We've prepared a feast! A celebration for your return, Lucy!" Wendy chimes in cheerfully.

"You guys! You didn't have to do that!"

I was truly touched by everyone's thoughtfulness.

"Let's go, Lucy. To our home, where we'll spend our lives together."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

"It's good to be home!"

I nodded, wrapping my arms around Natsu.

....

THIS IS NOT THE ENDING! Lol still a few to go!

*****update notice!!!**** 5/1/2020

Things have been a bit crazy, I finished writing the ending for 400 years and started on the next book. Buuut luck was not on side and I lost like 4 chapters that I worked so hard on... I was a bit mad.. ok more then a bit. And took an aggressively long break from writing.. BUT, I'm back at rewriting what was lost and I hope to have the ending published in the week to come. Along with the beginning of the next book "For Our Future"

Until then, ❤️❤️ stay safe!