20

"They liiiiiiiiike each other!"

The sound of Happy's muffled cooing broke the spell like trance. I pushed Natsu away, creating some distance between us once again.

"Happy!"

Natsu quickly scolds the blue cat and then chuckles himself. Happy leaves the balcony just as fast as he showed up, all while snickering.

"Well, now that you've had a nice laugh, I'm going back to my room."

"Not yet."

As I turn to leave Natsu grabs my wrist and pulls me to him, where he caressed my lips again. The light in his eyes drew mine in.

"All Happy's jokes aside. I'm hardly inclined to let you go now."

"Eh! I'm not yours to touch!" I furrowed my brows and looked him dead in the eyes.

Natsu leaned back a bit with a raised brow. "I don't need you as mine. I'm only asking you to be my nights entertainment."

'Barbaric man for a barbaric age!' I felt Rage. "Gah! I wish I was back in the present! I'd have you arrested so quick!" I stomped one foot and crossed my arms again, standing my ground.

"What?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose with annoyance. "You can't force a woman or anyone else to do what they don't want to! You vile-"

His brows now knitted with confusion. "What did you just say?"

"You're a vile man! Tonight, no! These last two days have been-"

"No before that, you spoke of being in the present."

"Yeah, your blue friend there had me follow him through a cave and poof! Here I landed, 400 years in the past, and now there's magic all around me,  I have people locked within keys, and-"

I stopped mid rant, closing my eyes and taking in a deep breath then releasing it slowly. I started to explain again more calmly..

~•~

After an hour or so, I'd finish explaining to Natsu everything until now.

"So your saying it wasn't just a story?"

"Yes! I have proof!"

"Then show me."

"Just you wait!" I ran back to my room, grabbing my bag and rushing back. I was determined. Once I'd returned to Natsu, I presented it to him.

"What an oddly ostentatious satchel."

'This is my favorite bag!' (Sigh) "This type of 'satchel' is common where I'm from. But check out the material. Bet you've never seen anything like it."

Natsu picked up the bag and examined it. Without a word, he stuffed a hand inside it, rummaging through the contents. 'Geez! Careful! That stuffs expensive!'

"Whats this mysterious.. stick? Or is it a talisman of some sort?"

Of all things, Natsu pulled out the tiny flash light from my bag. I thought maybe the odd shape of my camera or cellphone would have caught his attention first. 'Hm' I shrugged then explained, "That's a flash light. The string on this end is for your wrist, makes it easier to carry, and this is the on off button. But this end-"

Before I could explain that the end he was holding towards his face was for the the light to shine through.. he pushed the button and with one click it lit up his face, Natsu's eyes glowed before he quickly shut them.

"Agh, shit!! It's as bright as the sun! (Rubbing his eyes he clicked the button again to off.) So there's no magic to this, how does it work then?"

"Batteries." I took the flashlight and opened it, showing him the source behind the power. Then slightly explaining what a battery was.. 'The famous warlord Natsu Dragneel just blinded himself with a flashlight, it was a surreal sight. I chuckled slightly.

"There's other things in here. But all of them are more advanced than what your era can produce." I pointed at my bag and he sat the flashlight down beside him, peering into the bag once more.

"It's true. So Happy brought you through the eclipse gate did he.. but a female gozen thinks you traveled behind her due to her incompetent partner's time and space magic."

"Ah, Yeah. "I fumbled around trying to find an easier way to explain. I felt foolish and ready to give up. But Natsu interrupted me.