53

"You should make me your boyfriend."

'Huh? He remembered!?' "Oh, gosh, I can't believe you remembered that!"

"Enough laughing, just give me your answer."

"Alright, alright. Natsu Dragneel, I appoint you as by boyfriend."

"Good."

Seeing his satisfied smile, made me confident in my decision to stay. Natsu will continue his path to unification, and I'll be there right by his side.

As the morning light poured in through the screen got steadily brighter. I laid down against Natsu's chest, getting just a little more sleep.

~*~

Before long, elsewhere-

At a distant castle, Acnologia was finishing his preparations to take to the battle field. As he spoke with a tall woman with long scarlet red hair..

"So I was right about Jellal. He was working for Natsu after all."

"Just as you predicted, sir. And with his reinforcements, the Dragnof forces now our number our own."

"We'll set out by noon. Finally I have excuses to join the fight."

"Don't throw yourself into the thick of it again. We have a plan to stick too."

........

~*~

Today is it, the war with the Black Dragon Acnologia. We had just arrived at the headquarters sight.

"The castle is close. Once they see us, they'll be no time for a siege." Gray warned.

"Yeah, though Acnologia won't sit back this time." Romeo added.

"Heh, that asshole saw through my plan, I'm looking forward to paying him back. Erza, will you join me?"

"Hmph, since you asked so nicely. Besides, I welcome the training." Erza agreed as she equipped into her  Heaven's Wheel Armor. Jellal then winked at her.

The warlords and I stood in front of the gathered soldiers. They were asked by Sting if they were ready, in which they yes. The massive crowd of shouts echoed over the plains.

'Please, everyone make it back alive!' I prayed, clasping my hands tight. But a broad hand came to rest on my shoulder.

"There's no need to be afraid."

"I'm not."

Standing beside me, Natsu casted a look over the assembled troops. He thanked them for their loyalty, and warned them to not waist their lives. With that a roar of cheers went up as Natsu flashed a cocky grin. His scarf fluttered behind him as he turned and lead the troops away.

~*~

It had been several hours since the army had taken to the field. I was at the larger tent in headquarters. 'I wonder if Natsu is battling Acnologia yet..' Rogue had asked me to concentrate on guiding the first aid effort. Wendy told me it was the safest position possible.

Finished with my preparations, I had a little time to wait for the wounded arrived. Wishing for the fewest injuries as possible, I looked to the sky. It was a beautiful one, free of the airplanes, skyscrapers, and cell towers that filled mine. I stretched endlessly upward, unhindered. Clouds rushed by.

Just then, I saw Lily and Galjeel walk through the curtain surrounding headquarters.

"Oh, Lucy. Your here?" Lily, a cat just like Happy, but black greeted me. Gajeel stood near by as if bored.

"Oh, hi! I thought you'd two be at the front lines with the others."

"Well, most warlords command from behind the lines." Lily explained, with a glance at Gajeel.

"Hm, or did Levy warn him to be safe." I chuckled. Lily grinned, but Gajeel rolled his eyes and laid down on the ground.

"He's waiting for when they need him. Until then, I'm here with Laki, to help make since of all the intelligence and pass it on."

I smiled, then looked to the opening of the headquarters. "I assume the injured will be coming in soon."

"Yes, but do them a favor. Keep smiling, will you? It helps them with morale, so they feel less like a failure."

"Ok! I'll add smiling to my list of duties."

"By the way, Happy told me of a rumor."

I cringed, I couldn't image what that blue terror could be saying. But I hid it with a "Oh, yeah?"