37

In another place that night—

At an inn in a post town some distance from Dragnof, a secret meeting was taking place.

"My deepest graduate for meeting with me.." Jellal bowed to a shadowy silhouette.

Although, Jellal could not see the beyond the curtain, the owner of the casted shadow gave Jellal a steely-eyed stare.

"Cut the small talk, Tell me what I want to know, —."

"Of course, Natsu is indeed leading the troops himself. He's looking forward to extinguishing the last of Zeref's defenses before having a chance to prepare. It's a shame that Acnologia is also coming after Natsu."

But there was nothing in Jellal's smiling face suggesting he thought it was a shame.

"Natsu decided that 10,000 men would be enough to attack a small, unfortified castle."

"And does he know we'll be waiting?"

"Not at all."

As the meeting came to an end, so did the night..

~•~

••• Another helping of our boy, Natsu's Pov ••••

It was the day we'd depart to attack Draseel castle.
On horseback, I'd found Lucy standing towards the far back of the gathered soldiers. Stopping my horse at her side, I offered her my hand.

With no words, Lucy strongly looked me in the eyes. A small grin pulled at the corner of her lips, as her face brightened upon seeing me.

With a refreshing smile, she placed her hand in mine. I helped her onto my horse and sat her down in front of me.

"Listen carefully. Your life is mine and I will protect it."

"I'm not so sure about that, but I trust you'll protect me."

"Heh."

My hands held loosely on the reins, I charged my horse to the front of the troops.

Calling her my lucky charm had always been nothing more then a pretext to keeping her close. But, now I want to see the power in her. I don't want to miss a single moment with her.

'The more I learn about Lucy, the more I feel this unknown urge course through me.'

This, my forces of 10,000 men, departed Dragnof for Draseel.

~•~

Several hours later, the army was making steady progress. Upon my horse, I followed Lucy's gaze. But all there was to see, was open plains. 'What's she been looking at?' Not seeing anything interesting myself.

"What are thinking about?"

Drawn from her thoughts, she turned to look at me. Where she asked about why we were moving so slowly. In the best way possible, I explained how all their lives are mine, to use as I see fit. This, to make sure not a one of them are wasted.

Her expression was strangely troubled. In which it made my heart stir. "What is it?"

"Nothing." Turning her attention back on the vast, empty plains.

'Hm, didn't look like nothing, boredom?'

"Is the slow pace boring you?"

"Is my silence boring you?"

"Not at all. Besides, we can entertain each other better tonight."

Color touched Lucy's cheeks.

"E-ever heard of enjoying the peace, Geez."

"That so?"

'Hmm, that's fine.' On mentioning tonight's bedroom arrangements Lucy once more gave me trouble, though I ignored it.

'In order to understand you better I need to keep you close. However, it's not just that..'

My heart pounded with excitement, when my lips brushed against her skin, becoming unbearable when she'd respond with hushed little moans. While those things started as mere diversions. I now found vital.

Lucy had blushing as she carried on about our sleeping arrangements. 'The light in her eyes, the red in her cheeks, it's entrancing.'

With this thought, I took one hand off the reins and rubbed Lucy's thigh firmly.

"Na- Warn me next time!"

"Next time, though your lap is my territory."

"Then how about not feeling me up."

'But I only do this because of how you make me feel.'

I sighed, feigning exhaustion.

"I shouldn't need to remind you."

Lucy's eyes shifted as her mouth closed in a tight line, seeming to be searching for words to counter me. But I wasn't giving her the chance.

As I whispered about my domain not stopping with her lap, I lightly grasped her wrist. Where I brought it to my lips.

"This is were my conquest started."

I brushed her long, delicate fingers over my lips, one by one. Catching each finger tip at the last second, with my teeth and lightly tugging. Her body quivered against me.

'I want more. Give me more.'

I let my impulses guide me, and tangled my fingers in Lucy's long golden hair. Where I drew several locks up, leaving access to her ear.

Gently I bit on the soft flesh, then ran my tongue along the edge.

Lucy was especially sensitive to this. A soundless cry quivered from behind her purses lips. Her body arched against me. I caught her and supported her with my hand.

Lucy sat back up and hastily looked around us.

'Hmm?'