10

"So this all really isn't a dream then?" I stood up and shook off my shock. "So those men are your employers?"

"Indeed. So, if you'd like I can take you to the village I spoke of. Once Marin returns from his mission I can have him send you back."

I was thinking on whether or not I should take the offer or continue my adventure. 'Can I survive, should I return?'

"Lucy! Where are you! Come on out!"

The voice I recognize as Sting's, yelling out. 'Have they been looking for me this whole time!?' Brandish's face grew grim at the sound of approaching horses.

"I'll find you again.." With that extremely low whisper, Brandish slipped into the shadows of the forest. Completely out of my sight.

I turned towards the two men on horse back who'd just arrived, as Sting spoke. "I've searched this whole forest for you."

"Well, it's not like I asked you to." I wasn't in the mood for sympathetic, especially when he still had his attitude.

"Hiding from Lord Natsu for no reason whatsoever. How insolent can you get?" Sting retorted with annoyance.

"No reason? He got to close with out even asking! I mean come on I'd just met the guy!"

The man on the other horse laughed. This man has black hair pulled back into a ponytail, bangs covering his right eye, wearing a long cloak, and he has a large scar across the bridge of his nose.

The Laughing man looked at me with a friendly gleam. "So your Lucy? A stalwart lass indeed. I've no doubt you're the woman who defied Lord Natsu."

"And you are? Someone else I'm supposed to know, I'm sure." I crossed my arms. Though the man wasn't being rude, I was just attempting to hold my ground. Just Incase.

He continued with a light chuckle, "I'd be pleased if you did, but now's not the best time to talk, dearie."

The man reached down for me, scooping up like a run away child he tucked me snugly against his chest. I had a fine view of his domineering smile.

The once Laughing man spoke clearly into my ear. "Rogue Cheney. Remember it, Lucy."

'Okay seriously, I'm way over my quota on warlords tonight!'

"Rogue is head of the nobles in Sabertooth. He's also allied with Lord Natsu, so show some respect." Sting snapped at me.

"Thank you for the introduction. But could I be put down now?"

"Settle it down. You'll spook the horse." Rogue warned.

"Don't I matter? I'm pretty spooked too."

"Come to think of it, I guess you do look a little spooked." He flashed a smile as he urged his horse forward with a snap of the reins and a shout. 'So much for that.. Alright Lord Natsu, lets see what you have in store for me.' The horse quickly broke into a run and I was forced to cling to him or fall off.

"Don't lose her, Rogue. He ordered we bring her back to him, safely."

"Got it, Sting. hold tight, Lucy."

"Yap, no problem there!" 'Kyaa!!!'

I could hear Rogue laugh deep within his chest. Sting, still riding beside us, was still unhappy with that order.

"Natsu has already departed camp. We'll need to ride fast if we're gonna catch up. So don't fall off." Rogue spurred the horse faster. We rode through the night until we arrived at our destination.

Down broke as we neared a huge fortress, with a castle, and a city all in one. "We're here, Lucy. Magia Castle, home of Natsu's forces."

'The real Magia Castle! It was destroyed not long after Natsu's death.'

Not nothing that Sting had stopped near us, he took the opening to once again take a jab at me. "Don't show yourself to Lord Natsu with that expression. You look like a gaping frog."

"I do not! Plus why would I see home right now? We just got here!" I snapped back at Sting, giving him an annoyed look.

"Hm, your a morning person. I'll keep that in mind." Rogue's joking words spoken right into me ear reminded me, 'He's still holding me!' "Anyways, let me down already!"

"Actually, I think not. I'm pretty happy with you right here."

"Well, I'm not! Your to close!" I was trying to put what distance I could from within his grasp.

At the sound of Sting scoffing and.. "Rogue, our Lord Natsu has taken an interest in her. Keep your hands off."

"Why does that matter? I like her too. Men don't thrive in the shadows of other men. In battle, or in love."

"Yap, heard enough of that.. Listen, you two-" I was rendered speechless, I'd gotten a good glimpse of Rogue's eyes for the first time this whole trip. They were red with slit pupils, similar to that of a snake's. But the delight that shone in them of a tiger hunting prey.

'Uhhh..'