26

Come to find out, my orders consisted of accompanying him to the hot springs. Apparently he had suffered an injury while saving me. I hadn't noticed durning our games, but if it hasn't healed within a month we're talking a very serious injury.

After the war council, Happy showed up while I was practicing my celestial magic. Loki says I've improved tremendously, but Happy's still finding things to pick at. 'Dumb cat! Like to see him try this, it's exhausting.'

I had woke up this morning far earlier then anticipated and was watching the koi fish swim with grace.

Suddenly the sound of a horse's nicker came from behind me.

"Lucy, are you ready?"

I turned around to see Natsu, atop his horse. Natsu approached me and put one arm out. Before I could answer his own question, he picked me up and placed me before him on the horse. For some reason this caught me off guard and I blushed.

"Hm, we'll be off now, Luce."

With his arms on either side of me , I was locked in. "Y-yes, Lord Natsu." I stuttered out as I grabbed my keys hidden with in my kimono. Natsu leaned close so I could see his devilish smile, whispering to me. "I expect I'll have plenty of entertainment with you along, Lady Lucy."

As we headed towards the gates of Dragnof castle, "Lucy, carry your own belongings." Natsu said while pushing bundle into my lap.

Steadying myself, I turned around to look at Natsu. "And if I change my mind about going?" I decided to play hard to get.

He smiled, keeping a secure hand around my waist. "If you won't carry them, then you don't need them." Natsu held out the same pink bundle and lifted it into the air. "Your going with me, regardless of what you say. But you don't need a change of close." Natsu leaned in, giving me a quick, but animalistic gaze. 'Y-yikes! Touche mister warlord!'

"N-no! I need those!"

He pressed my belongings back into my lap. "Then do as I ask the first time." 'What a true tyrant!'

Natsu and I approached the castle gates. Sting and Gray were there waiting for us. The two bowed to Natsu. Sting was the first to speak, "please be safe on your journey."

"Of course, thank you for seeing us off."

"Lucy, take good care of flame brain." Gray smiled as Natsu glared at him. Happy suddenly appeared, "My lord!" He called out landing on Natsu's shoulder. "You sure you won't need me this time?" Happy sounded a little worried. "No, but thanks buddy. Watch over the castle."

Happy nodded once at Natsu's orders, then he turned and looked at me. "Hey Lucy, why don't you show Natsu's some of your training?" He snickered.

"Oh shut it cat!" I crossed my arms in annoyance at Happy's picking.

"Training?" Natsu questioned with a raised brow.

"She's been practicing magic as a celestial mage." Happy exclaimed. I looked back at Natsu, he had a predatory smile.

"You've been practicing, huh?"

"Y-yes.. just for protection."

"Admirable." Natsu's warm breath touched my ear and I felt it tingling in my toes.

With that Natsu took the reins in his hands and bade the horse to go. The horse started running so fast I thought I'd be thrown off.

"Don't fall off, Luce."

"Then go slower!"

Natsu chuckled, "You should learn to stay on better."

I clung to the saddle. The wind whipped my long hair, sending every which way. The castle passed out of sight in a blur.