48

Suddenly, Natsu grasped my shoulders.

Adrenaline had my heart racing, but Natsu's pained stare did as well.

"What were you thinking!? Were you throwing your life away??"

"Of course not! I was saving yours-!" 'He's never shouted like this before.. w-was he worried-!"

"What benefit is it to you to be so concerned about me!?"

This was it, this was my chance to explain to this idiotic man how feelings work. But..

"Because I would hate it if you died!"

Natsu stared at me as though he was afraid to examine my words for their meaning.

Even though I hadn't said the four letter word I desperately wanted to scream, my feelings for him overflowed.

"My heart would break forever if I lost you!"

It no longer mattered if his hands were stained in blood, or if he was known as the Demon King.

"I want you to live! Every moment you're alive means something good to me!"

All of those things, and the tenderness he wasn't yet aware of- I'm so painfully, desperately in love with every part of him.

"Luce."

By the time I'd finished and he called my name, I'd lowered my head. My bangs covered my teary eyes, as I shivered with emotion.

"You-."

Whatever Natsu started to say died, and if i had been looking up I would've seen it coming...

Natsu was looking at me with eyes full of fiery passion that would've consumed the field around us.

All of a sudden, Natsu caught me in his arms, one hand supporting my back, the other lifted my chin.

His warm lips closed on mine.

I fell back into his embrace as he hungrily claimed me.

'..Wow'

My mind was an explosion of fire works. All I could do was kiss him back. Our tongues sought each others out, and once they were found, they refused to let go. My body was growing so hot it was burning.
I took my breathe from him, returning it in heated moans that disappeared into his mouth.

Then we pulled away from each other, our ragged sighs filling the space between us. Slowly, Natsu rested his forehead against mine, as he traced the curve of my face with his finger.

"I've always wanted to do that." Natsu huffed.

'Why the hell did it take so long then!!' "I've been waiting, but why now?"

"It's been a long time coming, but right now we have to finish with enemies. But I'll tell you the reason tonight."

"I'll be patient."

With a bittersweet smile, but the passion that still burned in his eyes carried over to me. Building a fire inside of me.

Natsu then took my hand, "Come, it's time to finish this."

'Oh, right! The battle.'

As we walked towards the tent of the new headquarters I'd asked how he planned finishing the battle, though he only responded with a vague "All will change when he arrives."

'Uh, well ok then..?'

Natsu and I were met at the entrance of the tent by Gray and Erza.

"Erza, Gray! You're both safe!"

Them and a contingent of survivors gathered at Natsu's side.

"My lord!" Erza and Gray bowed, as Erza continued.. "I haven't yet found Jellal, but when I do-!"

Just then, the ground shuddered with the thundering of horse's hooves as a cloud of dust came our way.

Natsu wore a confident smile was we all turned to see who this mysterious 'he' is..

::I'm loving the comments and all the love you readers are giving this story!! ❤️❤️ thank you!! Please continue to enjoy the story!! It's not over yet!!::