25.

I walked through the supermarket aisles, a note in hand as I scanned the shelves. Ticking off the things I had, I dropped them in the basket. I looked at the last item on the list.

Kitchen paper rolls. I looked up the shelf only to see the thing at the top. I sighed. Fuck being 5'5 because I couldn't reach those damn thing for shit.

I jumped once but missed. I jumped once again but my hand didn't even reach the top shelf. Stupid department store people, do they not realize that short people have short limbs and cannot reach the top. Or did they expect me to carry a ladder everywhere? I made a mental note to write a hateful feedback when I leave the departmental store.

I felt something or more like someone press behind me suddenly and I froze in my place. Their hand reached out to the product as they pulled it down while I was pressed against the shelf awkwardly.

I felt the space behind me clear only to be met with a chest. I looked up to see a man smiling as me as he handed me the paper roll.

"I saw you struggling and I thought I should put my fabulous 188 cm height to use", he chuckled

"I saw you struggling and I thought I should put my fabulous 188 cm height to use", he chuckled. Oh fuck, this man was gorgeous. I didn't even realize I had been staring at him until he waved his hand in front of me.

"Oh... thank you so much..", awkwardness was radiating from me. He was so handsome my mind had gone into shut down mode.

"No problem. These guys need to rethink their design plans", he commented looking around.

I chuckled as I heard this. "By the way, I am James", he extended his hand.

"Nana", I replied covering his hand with mine. "That's a cute name"

I blushed and looked at my feet. "Anyway, Nana I am going to get going now", he stepped back. "Oh wait, if you ever need help getting things out of the top aisle, here's my number", he turned his palm and like a magician a business card was in his hand.

I was shocked. "Wow that is cool". I was a little shy but took his card. "I will definitely let you know.. um, If I ever need help.... I mean you seem busy.. and I can ask someone else for help too...."

I paused as I saw James looking at me before he burst into chuckles. "You are so clueless, it's actually cute. You know right that I gave you my number so I could ask you out and that I was just trying to flirt"

"What ! Oh Shit", It struck me how stupid I sounded blabbering absolute nonsense. But he asked me out? This was the first time someone asked me out. What do I say? I don't even know him. But Taehyung? Oh shut up Nana! You and Taehyung don't even stand a chance. Maybe this James could be your ultimate rescue to dying single for life.

"Earth to Nana, you spaced out", he clicked his fingers in front of me.

"Oh I am sorry, I.."

"It's okay. I understand you might not be comfortable going out with someone you just met. I just thought you were cute and it would be great to know you. If you ever want to hang out, hit me up..", with that he started walking away. I contemplated a second before calling him.