48.

"Are you not going to talk to me?", Jennie asked pressing the ice bag into her cheeks where I had just decked her hard.

"Never. Not in a million years"

"Nana", she sighed. "How was I to come and tell you that I am a demon? I wanted you to be my friend and I didn't want you to freak out"

"I would have never judged you for being a demon when I myself am not fully human", I replied.

"What?", she asked startled.

"That man over there", I said pointing to Appa in the corner talking to Hobi "is my father and he is Kim SeokJin, one of the biggest angels in heaven"

"No way", Jennie gasped. "Thats crazy. Now wait a minute", she crossed her arms. "Why did you not tell me about that?"

"Hey hey hey", I yelled defensively. "Don't make this about me. Its about you"

Jennie was about to say something until Taehyung walked in.

"Master", Jennie immediately stood up and bowed to him.

I scoffed. "Now I get it. Why Jennie kept getting A and A+ in every assignment even though it was written so shitty. It's because 'her master' favored his own people over the other students. I am going to report you to the school for favoritisms", I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Sure sweetie", Taehyung stopped a smile as he tried to pull my cheeks. I swat his hand away and I looked to the other side. Jennie giggled and I glared at her, causing her to immediately shut up.

"Now, Nana. We should get to the point", Taehyung looked at me. I understood that he no longer was being playful and it was time for serious discussion.

"What is the matter Master? You requested my presence so suddenly", Jennie was confused.

Taehyung sighed. "Its James"

All color from Jennie's face disappeared and it was replaced by a mix of disgust and scowl.

"He is behind Nana. Since she is a halfling, he wants—"

"To sacrifice her on the night of the blood moon", Jennie completed and looked at me. I nodded and she put a hand over mine.

"We are going to Hallasan to seal the portal. Nana and her father will stay here and I will place the barrier charm on it. But Nana's grandfather is alone and I need you to protect him"

"Your wish is my command", she bowed. "Don't worry Nana, I won't let anything happen to your grandfather and James can choke on a dick"

I smiled at her reassurance.

"Jennie is our best warrior", Taehyung said proudly. "There is barely anyone in hell who can fight like her"

"My father trained me", she said to me. "He is Master's second in command"

"Wow", this all felt so unreal. "Now that I think about it, no wonder you refused to wear that cross and threw it away", I chuckled.

"What cross?", Taehyung asked.

"It was when I found out you were the devil", I said embarrassed.

Taehyung chuckled. "Oh Jennie, did she tell you about how she brought a rosary and bible and yelled prayers in my office—"

"Shut up", I said clasping a hand over his mouth. Jennie just held her stomach as she laughed at this. Seeing Nana and Taehyung bicker like a couple, she was convinced how much they loved each other. And she was so glad her master was in love with someone so pure and beautiful who also happened to be her best friend.