Note

A/N: There is an epilogue after this. Don't forget to check it. I REPEAT : DO NOT FORGET THE EPILOGUE. ITS A DOUBLE UPDATE.

This note has been written because I think I owe you all an explanation for whatever the outcome of this story has been.

First of all.

(This is Nana working at her grandfather's restaurant)

Why did I kill her tho?

The moment I began writing Lucifer, I knew one thing for sure. That I wasn't going to make it a happy ending. It would have fallen directly against the character of Lucifer. Lucifer is the representation of all things evil. And the moment he was banished to the underworld, it went untold that he would never get the good things in life. So it is highly impossible for him to have a perfect love story where him and Nana had a forever and were much in love.

Nana too was a halfling. For her to make this transition was impossible. So even if she managed to survive James's little stunt, she would still die a week later on her birthday anyway.

With this story, I had one theme that I wanted to put across. Lucifer always thought of himself as the ultimate epitome of badness and of course he was too. If you analyze his character, you can see how much he resented people of heaven for removing him from there. He always thought that humans were very selfish and that no one in all the three realms loved him enough to ever protect him or care for him.

And then came Nana. Who made him believe in what true love was. Who killed herself so he could live. She protected him and made him feel like his own life had some worth. He was so used to everyone hating him for just being the devil. But then there was a woman who loved him more than anyone else could. Enough to die for him.

Another question which I have seen recurring in the comment sections is if both Taehyung and Jin are from hell and heaven, why can't they just meet Hwayoung or Nana in heaven or if Nana goes to hell, why can't he just see her there? To this, for me personally I believe that angels and demons probably do not interact with dead people. Even when they could be in heaven, they are probably not in a physical body but just as spirits. That is what I want it to be like in this book. And hence both Tae and Jin suffered when Nana died.

This book I did not write to show how evil Lucifer could be but on the contrary I wanted to bring out a more human side of him and make him show emotions. To prove that despite being a fallen angel, he was still one.

Lastly, what other works I took inspiration from? Well, Lucifer the show itself was an inspiration behind creating this book. Other than that, Goblin (또개삐) kind of inspired this in parts too with the whole — love between an eternal being ( in this case the devil) and a human mortal who sacrifices herself. Maybe some inspiration from Twilight with the while Taehyung-Hwayoung-Nana thing was thrown in too which I kind of feel a little embarrassed of 😂😂.

In conclusion, I am so sorry the book ended the way it did. It made me feel very sad too and I remember typing the whole Chapter 53 and 54 with tears in my eyes. As an author killing of your lead is always a painful thing.

Lots of love to you all for supporting and liking the book. I cannot express my gratefulness to you all who patiently waited for me to publish.

Love,
Author

Note: Don't forget the Epilogue after this. This is not the end :)

DO NOT ABSOLUTELY DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK THE EPILOGUE AFTER THIS. THERE ARE TWO UPDATES TODAY 🥨🥨