33.

Hoseok sat in the corner of the room, curling his legs against his body, a piece of ice pressed on his nose to calm the bleeding. He couldn't believe how much of his power he had to use to heal her - and this scared him because he felt the next time he might not be able to save her.

Taehyung sat on the bed beside a sleeping Nana, stroking her head. The images of Nana bleeding and her body shaking in pain from before kept playing in his mind and he closed his eyes to eliminate the thoughts.

"Hoseok", the red haired man turned his attention to Taehyung who called for him. "Why did this start all of a sudden?"

Hoseok looked to the floor. He had no answer. Of course he had been a healer for halflings before. All of them got through well without much complications. But Nana, she was different. Her case was much more intense and Hoseok feared that even before the 6 months passed, she would give up.

"I don't know", he said meekly. Taehyung froze in his actions. What did he mean that by ' I don't know?'.

"I have never seen something like this happen", he continued. "And I am afraid I cannot tell you what the future holds. In Omnia Paratus (Be prepared for anything)"

Taehyung looked at Nana and his heart ached. He couldn't bare to see her suffer like this once again. He felt some movement as the girl adjusted herself well before snoring again.

"Let us talk outside. She should rest", he instructed Hoseok who stood up. Taehyung bent down as he softly kissed her cheek before standing up himself. Hobi watched taken aback for a second. He couldn't believe that he was seeing this gentle and caring side of Taehyung. For all he had known and heard, Taehyung was ruthless. He was feared not only on earth but everywhere - even in heaven. This could mean only one thing - he loved Nana so much, he transformed himself into a good person for her.

They left Taehyung's bedroom as they made way to the living room.

"Is there anything that can stop this? If not stop, at least make it less painful? Any potions, healing techniques or medicines? Anything..", the desperation in Taehyung's voice was real.

"I have everything. All possible medicines that could be required. I have tried all techniques on her but it is not working. I just— I cant", his words trailed off as he felt a lump in his throat.

Taehyung gulped. He had never felt this helpless in his life. "Get another healer to help you. Maybe if it is two of you, you can do something..", his voice cracked as he said this.

"I can't, SeokJin won't let me"

At the mention if SeokJin, Taehyung's eyes flared in anger. "What did you just say?". Before Hoseok had time to respond, he was flung into the wall behind. His head hit the floor as he gasped for air which had left his body.

"IS HE REALLY GOING TO SAY NO WHEN IT IS HIS OWN DAUGHTER WE ARE TALKING ABOUT"

"Taehyung listen to me—"

But before he could complete his sentence, Taehyung flung something at him. Hoseok dodged, crouching on the spot as the glass piece cracked right above him. He looked up to see Taehyung was furious. His eyes were red so he had probably been possessed by his anger sin.

"He conveniently got Hwayoung pregnant and left when she died, leaving the poor child without a father figure. He sent you to take care of Nana when he should have been the one to come and stay by her. He neglected her all her life and now he has the audacity to say no"

"Taehyung please listen to me. Its not what you think.. please just..", Hoseok couldn't even complete his words because he felt an invisible hand grab his throat. He struggled against the wall as his breath got cut.

Taehyung was uncontrollable. He has turned into the devil and he had no grip over his actions.

Hoseok was almost on the verge of passing out until Nana came running outside.

"LET HIM GO, YOU WILL KILL HIM", she shouted to Taehyung before pushing him. The man snapped out of his thoughts as he realized what he was doing. Taehyung looked as Nana rushed to Hoseok who was on the floor almost unconscious.

He lost control over his actions and did this to Hoseok. Nana looked at him, anger dripping from her eyes as she eyed him before looking at Hobi again. "Wake up Hobi, please wake up", I slapped his cheek slightly. I heard mumbling as Hoseok closed his eyes.

There was a faint white light as the man touch his own chest. His breath was rigged but slowly started getting even. I watched him gain consciousness. He opened his eyes slightly and looked at me and I immediately hugged him. "Are you okay?"

He nodded and sat up. Seeing Taehyung, he meekly looked down. Taehyung wanted to say something but stopped as he saw how Hoseok reacted. He felt guilty for doing this to him.

"The reason I said SeokJin would refuse is because.. two healers cannot work together. Our healing powers null each other off and instead of doing good, they do more harm to the person we are healing. That is why I said
SeokJin would never allow this"

Taehyung looked down, guilt written all over his face. He couldn't believe he did not even give Hoseok a chance to explain before releasing all his anger on him.

There was silence until Nana spoke.

"I heard everything", both men looked at her aghast. "What?", an inaudible question left Hobi's lips.

"My father", I almost choked as I said that. The voice of their bickering had woken me up and I went out to see what the matter was. That is when I heard everything.

"Nana its not what It seemed like", Hoseok began but I shook my head. "It is exactly what it seems like. He is here, around me. He sent you but he couldn't come himself. This says enough about him. I don't think I need an explanation"

Hoseok closed his mouth, not sure what he could say to Nana. Mustering some courage he spoke "Do you want to meet him Nana? He will answer all your questions"

I was stunned. Meet him? Meet my father? What would he be like? Would he have wings like Taehyung does too? All my life I had wondered who my father was and now that I had the chance to meet him, I was fretting?

I looked at Taehyung who was dying to say something to me, to apologize and explain but I quickly turned my head. No explanation could justify his actions. He almost killed Hoseok.

"I will meet him. Its time I get answers. He has a lot of explaining to do and I am willing to listen to whatever he has to say"