Chapter 5

"What's going on?" The crowd was less than hostile.

"Hooray for for the heroes of the sea!" Confetti and flags flew around above the crowd.

"Whoa! There are a ton of cute girls!" Sanji cooed, waving over to a group of girls with hearts in his eyes.

"Oi." Y/n whacked the back of his head.

"Maybe pirates are heroes after all!" Usopp blew kisses to the crowd, obviously enjoying the attention. Despite their cheers, y/n still couldn't help but feel something was wrong.

Docking the Going Merry, the crew was welcomed by a large man with large curls in his hair.

"Welco-" The man started to cough. "Ma-Ma-Ma" He warmed up his voice before continuing his welcome. "Welcome. My name is Igarappoi, I am the mayor of Whiskey Peak." He introduced himself.

"Okay. I'm Luffy. Nice to meet you." He responded simply before rudely commenting about the man's hair.

"Our island is known for our hospitality and our bountiful liquor." He ignored Luffy's comment. "Please allow us to throw a party for you." Luffy, Sanji, and Usopp smiled brightly, latching onto each other.

"Of course you can!" They laughed, dancing off with the villagers, leaving Nami, Zoro, and y/n behind.

"Three idiots." Nami muttered, y/n nodding in agreement.

"Say, how long does it take for the log of this island to be stored?" Nami asked, holding up the log pose for Igarappoi to see. The man simply shook his head, placing a hand on Nami's shoulder.

"Log? Forget such boring stuff! Please rest after your long journey." He walked her in the direction that the three idiots danced off to, Zoro and y/n trailing behind.

-

The music played loudly, many people singing and dancing if they weren't eating or drinking. Y/n sat in the corner, watching as Luffy downed tons of food, Sanji flirted with every cute girl, Usopp exaggerated and lied about adventures he'd never been on, and Zoro downing alcohol like it was water on a hot day. Igarappoi suddenly announced a drinking contest, Nami declining before she heard there would be prize money. She dragged Zoro in with her, downing mug after mug, only giving out once she won.

Everyone had such a good time, no one seemed to notice as y/n slipped out of the building, sitting in a shadowy spot against the building wall. She sighed out, closing her eyes. She stayed there for a while, simply enjoying the gentle breeze against her skin. The time passed by quickly, the stars revealing themselves to her. She didn't have time to admire them though, as her ears caught wind of an interesting conversation.

"Again, tonight, the cactus rocks look beautiful beneath the moonlight." A voice hummed out.

"You're such a poet Igarappoi, no, Mr. 8." Y/n silently neared the edge of the corner, peaking out to see who was speaking.

"Oh, it's you two." Igarappoi stated as Mr. 9 and Miss Wednesday approached him.

"What happened to them?" The blue haired woman asked. With a dark expression, Mr. 8 replied.

"They've fallen, to hell." Y/n furrowed her brows.

"Geez, since they were so stubborn, I added a little alcohol to their drinks." A new figure walked out. "They'd probably still be up and partying had I not done so." She muttered, ridding herself of her outfit, revealing her broad muscles.