Chapter 18

"This 'Jaya' island isn't that far, right?" Zoro questioned.

"The weather's been stable for a while now, so we should be pretty close." Nami responded.

"It must be a spring island then!" Luffy sighed in content.

"It's nice and warm." Chopper sighed as well.

"Wow! Cool! I see a neat-looking town!" Luffy exclaimed as the Going Merry finally made it to Jaya.

"Hey, hey! Doesn't it look kinda like a resort?" Usopp questioned, getting excited about landing.

"Yeah, it makes me feel like I want to stick around for a bit!" Nami added.

"It must be a pirate resort then..." Y/n murmured, pointing to the long line of pirate ships docked at the harbor.

"Silly y/n! There's no way pirate ships can just openly line up in a harbor!" Nami slapped her arm, making the goddess frown and rub the abused spot.

"Whatever you say..." Y/n sighed.

"Help me! He's gonna kill me!" A loud scream was heard from the island, Usopp and Nami bursting into tears.

"What's with this town?!" They exclaimed. After docking, Luffy, Zoro, y/n, and Nami made their way into the town to gather information.

"There're all kinds of people here." Luffy stated while looking around, Zoro nodding in agreement.

"Looks like a fun town." Y/n let out sarcastically, crossing her arms.

"You guys have to promise me that you won't fight!" Nami huffed, eyeing Zoro and Luffy. "Repeat after me. In this town, I will not fight. I give my word!"

"In this town...I will..." Luffy trailed off, watching as fights broke out all over the town.

"not fight! I give my word!" Nami grabbed his ear, pulling on it. "Say it!"

"not fight. I give my word." Luffy huffed, setting his gaze straight after rubbing his sore ear.

"Good. This is serious, you two." Nami nodded firmly.

"Yeah." Luffy let out simply.

"Yeah." Zoro echoed.

"What's with those weak replies?" Nami questioned. "If you cause trouble, we'll have to leave this town! If that happens, we won't be able to go to the sky, got that?!"

"Yeah..." Luffy said again, not really paying attention. Suddenly, a man collapsed in front of them.

"The hell...?" Y/n raised a brow.

"Look, he fell from a horse." Luffy stated.

"Yeah, he did." Zoro nodded. The man on the floor began to grown and shudder violently.

"It looks like he's in pain." Y/n stated.

"Yeah, it does." Zoro nodded again.

"Hey, you guys, sorry to bother you, but please help me up." The man requested, reaching out weakly towards Luffy.

"You're not going to get up by yourself, are you?" Zoro sweatdropped. "Luffy, get that side." The swordsman sighed, walking over to the collapsed man.

"Okay." Luffy followed Zoro, helping him place the man on the horse. Well, more like throw the man onto the horse.

"Well, thanks...I'm on the horse now. I was born frail. Now, let's go, Stronger." The man ordered the horse to move, but it only collapsed.