Chapter 24

"I'm so bored!!" Luffy cried out, rolling away from his station near the heated pot.

"You don't have to keep staring at it. When you see water in the container, pour the water into the bottles. That's all you need to do! We have to make sure everyone has water tomorrow!" Sanji huffed, his attention on his cutting board dwindling thanks to Luffy's complaining.

"Sanji! We found a lot of stuff!" Chopper and Zoro appeared from behind a tree, holding onto nuts, herbs, and dead animals.

"Ah! Good work." Sanji nodded.

"There are walnuts, aloe, bananas, garlic," Chopper began to list off what they had found.

"Rats and frogs." Zoro finished.

"Great, throw them all into the stew." Sanji ordered.

"Aren't there some strange ingredients mixed in there?" Y/n raised a brow, eyeing the rats and frogs dangling from Zoro's grasp.

"That's true..." Sanji laughed nervously, turning to y/n with a coy smile. "I was careless. You don't like garlic?"

"Nevermind..." Y/n sighed, deciding it'd be best to leave it alone.

"Wow, Robin! What's that you found? A gemstone?!" Nami's excited cries caught everyone's attention, their eyes moving over to Robin's form, who was carrying a large, glittering rock.

"Haha, it's pretty right? But no, that's not what it is." Robin giggled.

"Oh! Is that crystalized salt? What a good find Robin-chan!" Sanji smiled.

"I found it by the shore, and thought it would be useful."

"Of course! In the name of survival, salt is very important~!" Sanji's cooed, looking at Robin with a lovestruck gaze.

"I'll take some of the garlic and aloe. Aloe for burns and garlic for disinfectant. These will be helpful to the Knight of the Sky!" Chopper hummed, grabbing some of the ingredients for himself.

"Uh-huh. What about the frogs?" Zoro grunted.

"Since when are frogs needed to treat an ailment...?" Y/n muttered, ignoring the glare she received from Zoro.

"Hey Zoro! Get over here and help!" Sanji ordered, now becoming the receiving end of the swordsman's glare. The cook had the swordsman carry a large, burning rock with his swords, having him drop it into the large stew pot.

"My swords were not made for this type of thing..." Zoro growled.

"Shut up and obey the chef or starve!" Sanji hissed.

"Eh?! We eat the rock too?!" Luffy exclaimed, looking at the stew pot in shock. "Does it taste good?"

"Of course not! This is 'scorched-stone stew'. That is, we use the heat from the rock to cook the food in the pot." Sanji explained.

"Alright, everyone! Let's do a mission-briefing and make a battle plan for tomorrow!" Nami brought the boys out of their useless banter and had everyone gather around for the briefing. Stew was passed around and everyone settled down. "Everyone here? Okay, firstly, let's review the contents of Noland's picture book." Nami hummed. "He first discovered the the Golden City 400 years ago. Then a few years later, he revisited Jaya, but the Golden City had already vanished without a trace. In other words, this island was part of Jaya, and in those few years between Noland's visits, it had come up into the sky."