Chapter 27

The sound was so familiar as it rang in her ears. Images of the bright red of flames and the dark red of blood flashed in her eyes. She felt as if she were burning, the flames licking at her skin. Her hands were missing, and so were her legs. It was a wonder how she was alive. She was strung up to her own house, the owner she stayed with, the person she once trusted, looking at her with eyes full of hatred and fear. They all laughed at her as the house burned.

Y/n screamed and cried, her body writhing as they threw rocks at her mangled body. It hurt. It hurt so much. No, not her bloodied stumps for legs, nor her missing hands, or the stinging of the flames beneath her. It hurt that the people laughing at her, calling her names, the people who strung her up to die, were the people she once called friends and family.

A blood curdling scream ripped everyone's attention from the beautiful sound of the bell to y/n. The girl fell to the ground, her hands reaching up to her head, grasping at the strands of hair, tugging at them, her nails scratching at her scalp. As she screamed again, blood flew from her mouth. Everyone was horrified at the sight of her. She was convulsing on the floor, screams ripping through her throat, blood dripping down her jaw from her ears.

"Y/n?!" Nami gasped, a hand flying up to her mouth, her eyes widening at the horrifying sight.

"There is no god....I am she..." A raspy, inhuman voice sounded from y/n's lips. But the sound of her voice was no match to the terrifying words it muttered. Y/n's head tilted up, her eyes plain white. "I'm sorry!" She whimpered, tears falling from her lower lids to the floor. She soon followed, her consciousness fading.

-

Y/n tried to open her eyes, but she couldn't. She brought a hand up to her eyes, feeling a bandage wrapped around her head.

"Y/n!" She heard a familiar voice. "You're up! How do you feel?!"

"Chopper...?" She questioned weakly. She didn't know why her throat hurt so much.

"Yeah, it's me." The doctor kneeled on y/n's side, carefully untying the bandages around her eyes. "Your eyes seemed to be under a lot of stress. Can you open them?" As soon as y/n tried, pain shot through her body.

"No." She furrowed her brows.

"Slowly. Try again." Chopper frowned. He had no idea what had happened. He had no idea how these injuries appeared. Taking a deep breath, y/n tried to open her eyes again, this time, she succeeded. It was still quite dark, as she was sitting within the ruins. As she looked around, y/n noticed more bandages wrapped around different parts of her body. Around her wrists and her thighs. "Do you...know what happened?" Chopper asked cautiously.

"No." She answered. She couldn't seem to recall anything that happened.

"That's okay. Just, don't try to stress about it too much. There were these weird scars around your wrists and around your thighs. They looked weirdly healed and old, but I wrapped them just in case." Chopper explained.

"Okay...Thank you, Chopper." Y/n smiled softly. She opened her arms up and Chopper immediately came closer to hug her. He started to sniffle and whimper.

"I was so worried! You looked like you were dying!" The little reindeer cried out.

"I'm fine now." Y/n soothed, rubbing the back of Chopper's head. "Where are the others?" She questioned, releasing Chopper from the hug as he backed up.

"They're outside. I'll take you." Chopper helped y/n up to her feet before walking her over to the sheet covered entrance. Y/n gasped as Chopper pulled aside the sheet. The giant bonfire had y/n grabbing at her head. She couldn't understand why the sight terrified her so. "Y/n!" Chopper gasped. He ran back into the room and came back with bandages. "I think it'd be best if you kept your eyes closed." The reindeer gently wrapped the bandages around her eyes, hoping it would help her heal. "I'll lead you out to the others...If you want." Chopper added, unsure if y/n was ready to be out and about. With a nod of her head, Chopper began to lead y/n out, careful she didn't trip or run into anything.