Chapter 37

After the small event happening with the stone, everyone began to relax again. Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper started fishing to fill up the new built-in aquarium, Robin having tea with Sanji as many new fish entered the large tank surrounding them. Nami decided to join y/n for a nice bath, the latter feeling uncomfortable dripping with sea water.

"Does it hurt at all?" Nami questioned, watching as y/n began to dry off.

"The stone?" Y/n hummed and shook her head. "No, I can hardly feel it...But I do have a strange sense of calm, having it with me." She smiled slightly.

"Interesting." Nami smiled as well. "I wonder which we'll find next!"

"I wonder as well..." Y/n's brow furrowed, a faint feeling of dread washing over her. Quickly getting dressed, y/n walked out to the deck, Nami following closely behind.

"What's going on?" The navigator questioned, noticing the crew surrounding a barrel.

"Is it treasure?!" Luffy shouted, his excitement buzzing through his body, eager to reveal what was in the barrel they picked up, it having been floating alone out in the open seas.

"Nope. It's most likely booze and preserved food." Nami hummed as she observed the barrel a bit more.

"How can you tell without looking inside?!" Luffy spat, displeased that his dream of finding treasure was ruined.

"Can't you read? 'A treasure offering to the Sea God'? The practice is called 'barrel drifting'. It's used to pray for safe passage by making an offering. That 'treasure offering' just means 'an offering to God'." Nami explained.

"Then why'd we even pick it up?!" Luffy sulked.

"I bet it's booze. Let's drink it." Zoro yawned, relaxing against the main mast.

"Of course that marimo head of yours can only think of something that simple..." Y/n sighed. Zoro scoffed and cursed at her under his breath.

"Actually, you can open it and take the contents inside, as long as you pray." Nami explained more.

"I don't pray to any god." Zoro harrumphed.

"Well I heard that booze stirred by the ocean waves tastes especially good." Nami hummed.

"I like the sound of that." Y/n crossed her arms. "But even if I were to pray, I don't exactly know who I'd pray to." She shrugged.

"Let's open it then! Make a toast to our new journey!" Franky suggested, already beginning to open the barrel.

"Just make sure that after you take the contents out, you put a new offering in, before setting the barrel adrift once more." Robin smiled.

"Hey, God! I'm going to have a snack!" Luffy chuckled, pressing his palms together as he 'prayed'.

"Which one of us here beat up a 'God' on Skypiea...?" Zoro sighed, watching the rubber man.

"What's wrong, y/n?" Nami questioned, seeing the Goddess becoming more and more uncomfortable.

"I'm not sure. I've been getting this bad feeling ever since the barrel got on this ship..." Y/n answered honestly.

"It's open!" Luffy cheered, only to cry out in shock as a flare shot up into the sky, a bright burst of red light lit up the sky.

"What's going on?!" Chopper gasped.

"A signal flare?!" Y/n furrowed her brows.

"Haha! Maybe it's a curse from the 'Sea God'!" Zoro laughed.