Chapter 11

As the group traveled up and down the dunes of the desert, Luffy groaned and whined, his pace slow as his exhaust and dehydration got to him.

"Burning up...Can't even sweat..." He groaned out once more.

"Quit moaning, Luffy. You're only wasting energy." Nami told him while fanning herself, but the rubber man just groaned again, completely ignoring her.

"I can't take this heat either..." Chopper laid still on the small makeshift sled that Zoro dragged along.

"It's cause of all that fur. Why don't you take off that animal suit?" Usopp panted out, envious of the reindeer for not having to walk.

"What was that, you jerk?!" Chopper growled out and turned into his heavy point form, scaring Usopp.

"Ah! Monster!" The sniper cried out.

"Oi, don't turn big or I won't pull ya!" Zoro protested, having a hard time pulling the sled.

"You seem quite fine, Vivi-chan..." Sanji stated, seeing Vivi walk normally through the hot desert.

"Well, this is my home island. I suppose I've gotten quite used to it from living here." Vivi smiled.

"It's too much...It's too hot." Luffy complained.

"Just one drink, Luffy. Only one mouthful!" Nami told him, the rubber man instantly filling his mouth with water. "Don't drink so much!" Nami and Usopp punched his head, making the man spit up the water.

"Hey, you just had some, I'm next!" Sanji tried to grab the water, but Luffy held it away from him. Soon enough, Luffy, Sanji, Usopp, and Nami started fighting.

"Don't fight! You'll just waste your energy!" Vivi sighed as she watched them roll around in the sand.

"Just watching them is making me exhausted..." Y/n groaned, wiping her forehead clean of sweat. "I think I lost 5 pounds just from sweating." Vivi giggled slightly.

"Will you be okay, y/n-san?" The princess asked, slightly concerned for the goddess.

"Yeah, it looks like the sun will be setting soon, so we'll be taking a break then, right?" Y/n asked, looking up at the dimming sky.

"Of course. It's quite dangerous to travel through the desert at night. We'll be resting through the dark hours." Vivi responded, y/n nodding in understanding.

The sun had set not long after, disappearing behind the sand dunes. The crew set up a fire and tents for the night, their tired muscles relaxing. The desert had cooled down immensely, the once sweaty and exhausted crew now shivering from the cold.

"It was so hot during the day. What happened?" Nami asked Vivi as she huddled next to the fire, trying to warm herself up.

"With nothing to block out the temperature, the desert scorches in daylight but falls below freezing at night." Vivi explained. Y/n ignored the others, smiling contently as she admired the stars with Chopper, the reindeer in her lap.

"Wow, look at all those stars..." He sighed in awe, y/n only nodding in agreement.

"D-Didn't you see stars on Drum Island?" Usopp asked with a slight stutter as his teeth chattered.

"Winter island skies are always covered with thick snow clouds, so I've never seen so many stars at once!" Y/n cuddled Chopper closer to her body. She pointed up to one of the constellations.