Chapter 15

Y/n groaned as she opened her eyes, blinking quickly so her eyes would adjust to the light. Her mouth felt dry and her muscles felt stiff. She tried to move, but her wrists and ankles were restrained by ropes. Crying out in protest, y/n noticed that the reason her mouth felt dry was because of a piece of cloth that was shoved into her mouth, the ends tied behind her head.

"Let his majesty and that woman go, Crocodile!" A foreign voice sounded.

"Oi, oi...You really think I'd agree to let them go, just like that?" Crocodile raised his brow, lighting the butt of his cigar. Y/n struggled, trying to get out of the ropes, but all her efforts were fruitless, the only thing she achieved was rope burn and decreased stamina. "Miss Celestial Being, it'd be in your best interest, and mine, for you to stop struggling." Crocodile muttered, sighing out at the sight of the goddess desperately trying to escape.

"I'm sorry, Vivi." Y/n looked to her side and widened her eyes as she saw a man, pinned to the wall through his arms. "I couldn't make full use of the chance that you risked your life to create..."

"Father..." Vivi whimpered. Y/n eyed Crocodile from the side of her eye, watching as he walked closer.

"Good grief...Is this how a father and daughter talk after being separated for so long?" His gaze turned to Vivi. "Anyway, Miss Wednesday-"

"Don't call me by that name!" Vivi spat, cutting him off. Crocodile took a drag from his cigar, blowing out the smoke with a huff.

"Let me tell you something first. I don't intend to keep you and your father alive. When a kingdom dies out, it's only natural for it's royalty to die as well." Crocodile then walked over to, who y/n now knew was Vivi's father, the king. "But before I take over the throne, there's something that I need to ask you, the current king. In fact, this is indeed my biggest goal." Y/n bit down on her gag, thinking back to the time that Ace brought up the idea that Crocodile was after something more than the throne. "Cobra...Where is the Pluton?"

"How...do you know that name?" The king's and y/n's eyes widened at the mention of 'Pluton'. Crocodile only chuckled.

"I hear that only one shot from Pluton can destroy an entire island. One of the world's most disastrous weapons from ancient times, also called a god." Y/n gasped softly. He was after an ancient weapon? From the memory of her past lives, y/n had learned about Pluton and the other ancient weapons. She was the only person in the world who knew about each of the ancient weapons and what they were, excluding the one among the stars. No doubt a man like him wouldn't settle for only one of the weapons. He was going to use her for knowledge. "I see that you've just realized why you're of use to me, Celestial Being y/n." Crocodile smirked.

"An ancient weapon? Such a thing exists in this country..? And Father knew about it?" Vivi questioned.

"A secret passed down with the throne..." The man standing next to Vivi murmured.

"That's been my goal from the start. With Pluton, I'll be able to build the best military state right here. With the ancient weapon among the stars, obtained by using the Celestial Being here, I'll be unstoppable." Crocodile smirked, taking in y/n's shocked expression. He wanted the ancient weapon among the stars? "My influence will increase, and I will eventually gain more power than the World Government! It'll be a dreamlike country!"

"There's no way that the World Government would allow that!" Cobra spat.

"They probably wouldn't. That's why I need them. The ancient weapons."