Chapter 20

Luffy stood atop a tall tower, looking over the town, trying to spot Bellamy or any of his crewmates. Y/n stood at the base of that tower, leaning against the wall, crossing her arms impatiently.

"Bellamy! Where are you?!" Luffy called out, his voice echoing throughout the town. A short silence took over the night, the rowdy voices from the bar shushing, not a peep was heard. Not too long after, Bellamy exited the bar, spotting y/n across the building. She looked at him with a stoic expression before uncrossing her arms, pointing her index finger up. Bellamy followed her finger and saw Luffy standing atop the tower, glaring down at him. He smirked.

"I just heard the rumors about you...You got business with me?" Bellamy raised a brow, his cocky attitude emanating off of him.

"Yeah! Give back old diamond-head's gold!" Luffy demanded. Bellamy's smirk only enlarged at that.

"Gold?" He chuckled. "You mean old man Cricket's stuff?" Bellamy squatted down, his legs turning into springs. He jumped up, his spring legs allowing him to reach heights that a normal person wouldn't be able to jump. The blonde landed atop the tower, standing across Luffy. "Why should I give anything back? I stole that stuff as a pirate. As a pirate yourself, you're in no position to find fault with me!"

"Am too." Luffy responded. "They're my friends, so I'm stealing it back." Bellamy burst out laughing at Luffy's statement, finding the whole situation humorous.

"I hate to ask, but can you fight?! Do you even know how to throw a punch?! What can a coward like you possibly do?!" While Bellamy guffawed and jeered, y/n watched his crewmates exit the bar, watching the scene like a movie. One of them was shaking like a leaf, holding onto worn parchment.

"N-No doubt about it! That's him!" The man whimpered.

"Geez, you still got that?! Tear it up and throw it away already!" Sarquiss hissed. Now interested, y/n stood up from the wall, walking over to the man, before snatching the papers from his grasp. She looked over the paper, now realizing it was a wanted poster, more specifically, three wanted posters. She flipped through them, seeing Luffy's new 100 million belli bounty, Zoro's 60 million belli bounty, and lastly, her new 175 million belli bounty. She scoffed.

"Looks like the World Government didn't like us killing their pet gator..." She handed back the wanted posters to the shivering man, looking up at Luffy and Bellamy.

"If you just stand there in fear like this afternoon, you ain't gonna steal nothing from me, coward!"

"This afternoon was different."

"That so? And just how is it different?! This time, I'll shut your smart-alecky mouth for good!" Bellamy squatted down again, using his devil fruit to jump back and push the top of the tower over, bringing Luffy down with it. "I'll finish you in an instant! Spring...snipe!" Bellamy landed on the side of the next building over, using his devil fruit to propel himself off the wall and towards Luffy. Before his body mass could hit Luffy, the rubber man jumped out of the way, and onto another building.

The rubble from the falling tower piece smashed into the ground, right next to the crowd, Bellamy landing soon after.

"Amateur trash..." He grumbled, jumping up and into the roof Luffy was standing on, smashing it and shaking the rubber man off balance. He nearly tumbled off the roof, grabbing onto the edge so he wouldn't fall, his arms stretching slightly from the weight distribution.

"What'd that runt come all the way here for?" Sarquiss jeered, causing y/n to roll her eyes. "He talked all big, but now he's just running away!"