Chapter 1

Clarke's POV

As I fiddled my hands nervously, the eagerness to see my new school kept building up. I look out the window to see cars passing by, and my excitement only grew when I saw the school come into view. My senior year is about to start!

After a couple more minutes, the car finally came to a stop. I took in every moment as I looked around my surroundings and saw the new school. I quickly grabbed my bag from the back seat and walked alongside with my mom to officially enroll!

As we made our way on the gravel path, the crowds conjured up a great deal of noise, which oddly comforted me. Unable to control myself, my pace quickened and I soon left my mom behind as I headed up the steps to see the halls that await me.

Walking inside, I caught a guy smiling at me and I awkwardly smiled back. He made his way over to me and started to introduce himself. "Hey! I'm Bellamy, but you can call me Bell. I'm here to show you around?"

As he said that, it clicked. Right! They told me someone would come by to give me a tour so I can familiarize myself. "Oh right, thank you!" I smiled.

I gave a quick hug to my mom and waved her off as we made our way further into the school.

He started off by showing me the classrooms which were marked on my paper, the ones I would be attending regularly. Next, he showed me where the bathrooms were, and so on.

My personal favorite was the cafeteria, it was so modern, and it was filled with such joy that the students radiated. I took notice of how diverse the groups of people were. They were all their own, no judgement.

They had split into groups, the ones with similar traits were grouped together. I wondered which one I would fit with.

"Since this is just the breakfast part of the day, up next you have... English!" He exclaimed. "Why so excited?" I asked.

"Well, we have the same room number, so I'll be with you! But sadly not next to you since I'm already paired in a permanent seat," he frowned. I gave a small smile and turned my attention back to the cafeteria.

The loud bell rang above-head and that signaled it was time for classes to resume. Normally people wouldn't be excited but I really was, my old school wasn't the best, so I hope this one has a lot of promise for me.

———————————————————————————

I entered the class to see a dark haired girl jump up to greet me. "Hey! I'm Octavia!" A loud one she was. "Clarke."

"Oh and this is Raven, we love greeting new people, no intention to freak you out," she laughed. That relieved me a little to be honest. "It's okay! Thanks for the warm welcome," I smiled.

I took my seat at an empty desk, but no one was next to me, which I didn't mind usually but I had hoped to make a friend this way.

As the clock ticked by, I scribbled little doodles on my notebook. Gosh this class was boring. The teacher's voice was tuned out until he abruptly stopped. My head raised when I heard a knock at the door.

"Ah, Lexa Woods. Second day of school and you're already late, twice." She chuckled at his comment. Her eyes searched the room until they landed on mine. The whole world stopped, everyone was suddenly frozen, and it was just her. When she looked away, I shook my head at my thoughts.

The only available seat was next to mine, which quickened my heart rate. Why do I feel this way? Her bag plopped down next to her as she took her place. I couldn't stop looking at her features, and everything she was doing.

"Did you draw that?" She asked. "Huh?" She pointed at my notebook. "Oh, right! Yes, I did," I smiled. "Looks cool," she went back to looking at her phone. She complimented my drawing! I mean, I don't care.

"Thanks," I said, receiving a small smile from her. "No problem notebook girl," she didn't even take her eyes off the screen. "My name's Clarke," I mentioned. She shrugged at me, "Okay."

Even though I wasn't focusing before, it was impossible to now. I just kept glancing at what she was doing. I went back to drawing to try to distract myself, but I caught myself drawing the shades of her brown hair.

I quickly erased it before she noticed, not wanting to embarrass myself on the first day. The bell finally rang and she walked out without saying a word.

Octavia and Raven ran up behind me, "What class you got next?" I took a look at my paper and groaned. "Math."

They chirped up and told me they have the same room number. I completely forgot Bellamy was in this English class as I saw him leaving the room. I guess he forgot too?

Hours passed by and it was finally the end of the day. High schoolers poured out of the school. I usually took the bus home at my old school, but now my house is at a walking distance.

My attention turned to see Lexa getting into her jeep. I properly got to see her outfit, which consisted of short jeans and a white t-shirt. I was stunned by how gorgeous she looked. She must have felt my look burn into the back of her head because she turned around and faced me.

I immediately diverted my eyes and made my way home. I soon heard a car approaching me and I saw that it was Lexa's jeep! "Hey notebook girl, need a ride home?"

My heart beat faster at her question. "Umm, no thank you, it's right by here!" I smiled, and she shrugged, driving off.

———————————————————————————

A/N

Hey guys! hope you enjoy even though this was written 3 years ago and is quite terrible LMAO, i might make a part two to improve it:)