Chapter 18

Clarke's POV

It was New Years Eve night and we had just gotten home. Lexa opened the door for me and I smiled and walked in as she followed me. She placed her hand in mine as I led her up the stairs. I walked into my room and pulled her onto the bed down on me. I instantly regretted it and rolled out from under her and saw her sigh.

She got up from the bed and walked towards her room and closed the bathroom door without saying a word. This hurt my heart and made my stomach turn. I sat down on my bed and heard the water running on the other side of the room. I placed my head between my knees and let the tears flow. I ruined everything between us and hurt her specifically. Why am I like this?

I woke up to Lexa touching my shoulder, and rubbing it lightly. "Hey, you okay?" She must have noticed the tears on my cheeks. I reached to touch my face but felt no water on it, so I guessed she didn't know. I was about to find out. "Yeah, just tired," she nodded at that and pulled me up. "Well, its one hour till midnight, who are you thinking of sharing your midnight kiss with?" Her emerald eyes glistened.

I could stare at them all day. "I don't know, I was thinking my hand, but-" she laughed and my heart felt better. How does she have this control over me? She leant down and kissed me and walked out of the room, swaying her hips. I kept glancing at my watch, nervous for the kiss for some reason. I was watching an episode of pretty little liars and felt myself dosing off to sleep.

As I was about to drift off to sleep Lexa crashed into the room and jumped on my bed. "Babe, what the hell?" I yelled. She chuckled at my sudden outburst and grabbed hold of my hand. "Let's go sit down with your parents and eatttt," she whined. I put my hands- well hand, up in defeat and followed her down the stairs into the living room where a movie was playing and some salmon rolls were on a platter. I grabbed a plastic plate and snuggled up to Lexa while nibbling on the salmon.

I jumped as we watched the horror film and I heard Lexa giggle under me. I gave her a funny glare which made her laugh harder. I kissed her cheek which made her blush and stop laughing. She cuddled closer to me and it all felt right for the first time.

The movie was in the middle and it was time for the kiss. Lexa pulled me up from the couch and we did the countdown together. Once it striked she pulled me in within a flash and gave me a passionate kiss. I fell deep in it but pulled away and whispered in her we weren't alone and she became bright pink.

I walked up to my room and Lexa walked past me, I guess out of habit? I yelled goodnight and I saw her blow me a kiss and I smiled to myself. I shut the door behind me and dosed off to sleep.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I woke up and realized there were four days until the surprise birthday. I have to go buy a gift for Octavia, I have no idea! I quickly grabbed clothes and a towel and ran into the shower, taking a quick one. I jogged out of my room and stopped at Clarke's door. I peeked inside and still saw her sound asleep. I smiled to the thought and grabbed my car keys and ran out the door.

I was thinking of possible gifts to get for Octavia on the way to the mall. After brainstorming for another long 10 minutes, I pulled up to the mall and got the perfect idea, I think.

I got her dog, Chewy, a squeaky toy and herself an outfit of her favorite show, Shadow Hunters. I looked at the time and it was 2:03pm. I pulled out my phone and sent Clarke a text I would be home soon. With that I left the mall and unlocked my car, stopping sometimes to let cars pass on by.

I got into my car and set the presents down in the backseats, and started the engine and started to drive in the direction of Clarke's home. I reached the driveway and saw her sitting on the steps. I quickly got out of the car, grabbed my things, and rushed over to her. "Hey babe, you okay?" I sat next to her, placing her hand in mine.

She gave me a weak smile, and gave me a slight nod. "What's wrong, please?" I gave her puppy eyes. She let out a small chuckle and turned to face me. I looked into her blue eyes and saw pain in them. "I don't want to go back to school soon, I love being here, being with you, and no one judging us."

I was shocked by her words, and understood her completely. We felt free here. "I understand Clarke, but we can't live in a dream forever, I want to face reality with you," I smiled at her. At this, her smile became real. "I know, me too, I'm just scared," she said.

"No one will hurt you, not as long as I'm here, you hear me?" I kissed her cheek. She smiled at me and kissed my lips, and I fell into it, missing her touch. She pulled apart and she rested her forehead on mine, looking into my eyes. "I love you," she whispered. "I love you, too, Clarke Griffin."

She smiled and leant back into the kiss and pushed me on the step, and trailed kisses down my jawline, then to my neck, which made me moan. I became embarrassed and looked at me, removing her lips from mine.

"That will turn me on, you know," she grinned. I nodded and she kissed my cheek and helped me up. I didn't want this moment to end but we couldn't do it right here in front of the whole neighborhood, plus I'm sure she wasn't ready for that just yet.