Chapter 32

4 months later

~~~~~~~~

Clarke's POV

"Clarke!" Lexa barged in, practically jumping on me. "I GOT ACCEPTED!" She yelled in my ear. "Lexa! My ear!" We both started laughing, and I turned serious. "YOU GOT IN?" We started jumping up and down. We applied to Ohio State University and I had gotten my acceptance letter a few days ago, and Lexa just got hers! We applied to the same ones so we could stay together, I didn't want to lose her.

"That's amazingggg," I chuckled. "It truly is," she grinned, and hugged me. "I know you're going to be the woman I'm gonna marry, I knew it since the day I met you," she said, stroking my hair, pulling me in tighter. "You're so cheesy," I giggled. "Yeah, but you love it," she booped my nose.

"Ahhh, stop that," we started walking out of my room, we are going to celebrate with my family that I got in, but now for Lexa, too! We raced towards my mom's car and she placed her hand in mine. She gave me the warmest smile and I shivered.

"Pop's?" We glanced at each other and said yes at the same time, leading us into giggles. Pop's became our usual friday night diner, it's like a tradition, we brought everyone there, and we never saw Costia nor Jake show their faces there again.

The car came to a stop and we all rushed over to booth 7, yes I know, same booth blah blah. I slid in next to Lexa, and my dad had already ordered the food to be there by the time we got in, because we were beyond starving, which explains all the racing.

"This is so good," I said. Lexa nodded at me and kept eating her food. I watched the clock tick by as my parents asked us what our plans were. "Um, well Lexa and I get in dorms together and do our majors, and we will see where we will go from there," I felt her hand on my thigh for comfort.

"Right, you guys done? I want to get to the school for your graduation early enough to get good seats," he grinned. "Fine, sure dad," I chuckled. We all got up and he paid the bill for us, after a small argument of who gets to pay.

Yes, we are graduating today, Lexa took her hand in mine and gave it a light squeeze as we got into the car. "We made it a long way, love you," she leaned over and whispered. She was leaning away but I pulled her towards me again, "love you too."

Once again the car came to a stop and we rushed onto school grounds, hearing cheers and seeing crowds, there was an hour until the event would go down.

I clutched Lexa's hand as we made our way through the crowd into the dressing rooms to change into our outfit and put on some makeup. "Are you ready for today?" I asked Lexa. "By your side, of course," she grinned. I gave her a quick kiss before I ran off to change into my graduation outfit.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

After Clarke gave me a quick kiss she was gone as fast as the kiss, and I was suddenly alone in my dressing room. I took my outfit off and slipped into the gown. Okay, no big deal, it's just graduating, then college, then real life. I shook my head. Snap out of it, Lexa. I look at myself in the mirror and then washed my face with the cold tap water, and took a breather for a while. 30 minutes until it will all go down. Clarke is probably done, so I dried my face and started to apply my makeup.

After I finished with my makeup, I packed it all back into my bag, and headed out the door, seeing Clarke waiting for me, with 10 minutes left. "Finally, let's go, it's about to start!" She grabbed hold of my hand and we rushed to the stage. We got on, waiting for two more girls, and they rushed in a short while after.

"Okay, well, if everyone is here, we can start," a few cheers erupted from the audience as the principal spoke. "Okay, silence please," he held up his hands, and everyone stopped muttering and cheering. This was it, my heart was racing uncontrollably. The diplomas would be given in alphabetical order, so Clarke would be done far before me, which made it all worse.

Luckily, she was still beside me for now, so she held my hand to calm me down. "T-thanks Clarke," I smiled at her and she nodded at me, turning her attention back to the principal.

He started saying familiar names from my class and many cheers roared from the audience, along with my other classmates, so I clapped along aswell. "Clarke Griffin, graduating with honors," he smiled as Clarke walked over to him. She shook his hand and I saw her parents clapping, smiling widely, and Clarke took her diploma, meeting them off the stage.

Few others passed by and I became impatient, although Clarke was waiting for me, smiling at me to support me. My name finally came, "Lexa Woods, graduating with high distinction," I forced my legs to work. My parents were in the far back and cheered for me as I took my diploma after shaking his hand.

I met my parents down off the stage as he called the last two names. "We are so proud of you!" My mom pulled me in for a hug, and my dad joined in.

~~~~~~~~

Clarke and Lexa embraced in a tight hug as their parents spoke to each other. "I love you," Clarke whispered to Lexa, "I love you, too." Lexa stroked Clarke's face as they started to tear up. "We have to say our goodbyes to our classmates, Clarke, but not Octavia Raven or Lincoln just yet, I can't handle that," they started laughing and joined the crowd of their other friends.

"Hey, Lexa?" Clarke pulled Lexa aside. "Yes?" "We will be together every step of the way, right?" Clarke needed reassurance. "I promise."

"Together," they both said and joined a group hug with their friends.

——————————————————————————

A/N

Hi guyss!!! This was the last chapter :( I hope you enjoyed it though, thank you for almost 1.20k views! It means so much to me.