Chapter 9

Clarke's POV

It's the day Lexa and I would be having our first date. I'm so excited. I walked out of my house to find Lexa's car. A smile formed on my face as she honked repeatedly to get on my nerves, but I just laughed.

I got into the car and gave her a quick kiss before she started driving. "This a thing now?" I asked. "If you want it to be," she smiled at me then held onto my hand.

"Are we dating or does that start after tonight's date?" She chuckled. "I think we can count it as together since you kissed me," I said. "And since you kissed me back," she added with a small laugh. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face.

We got out of the car and this time I held onto Lexa's hand, I don't care if anyone knows anymore, I'm going to marry this girl one day.

I eagerly waited for the bell to ring that signaled time for lunch. I already missed her.

After another few minutes which felt like years, the bell rang. I went to talk to Octavia and Raven, I didn't want to spend less time with them, they were still my best friends.

We talked and laughed until we headed to the cafetaria to see Lexa waiting for us. We went and sat next to her. Octavia and Raven smiled as Lexa reached over the table to place her hand on mine.

We turned around to see Lincoln and Bellamy coming. Lexa's grip tightened but I rubbed my thumb over her hand to calm her down. She looked over at me and smiled but I saw the anger in her eyes.

Bellamy gave me a smile and then saw Lexa and I's hands together, and his smile disappeared.

"Hey, what's going on here?" He asked. Lexa looked over at me and I gave her a small nod, I was ready.

"Bellamy, take a seat, we need to tell you something," his face looked sad, as if he knew. He nodded and waited for me to start. Gosh, this is hard.

"Bellamy, Lexa and I- we are uh- we're..." I was lost for words. "Together," Lexa tightened her grip and stroked my hand. Bellamy looked so sad, it hurt me.

He got up and walked away. I stood up to go after him but Lexa didn't let go of my hand. I don't blame her, but what kind of friend would I be if I let him walk away, like that?

I gave her a reassuring look that nothing would happen and she let go of my hand reluctantly.

"Bellamy, wait!" I called after him. He didn't stop walking until we reached a bench outside. "Why?" He asked in a low voice.

"I-i really like her, Bell, please be happy for me," I said. He looked at me with disgust. "Clarke, I love you," he reached my face and pulled me in, but I slapped him.

Oh no! I didn't mean to! It just... happened. I was worried to lose Lexa again. He looked at me angrily and held onto my arm tightly.

"You're hurting me!" I yelled. I heard Lexa barge out of the school doors and saw us nearby. Her face filled with fury. "Let her go, now," she hissed.

He tightened his grip and pulled me away from her. "Ow, ow, ow," I winced in pain. She caught up to us and pulled out a knife from her boot. Whoa whoa.

"Lexa put that away before someone sees you!" I whispered. "Let her go freak," she pointed her knife at him. His grip loosened and his face filled with fear.

"That's right." She pushed him off and led me back inside by wrapping her arm around my shoulder, looking back to make sure he walked away.
——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

It was finally the end of the day, almost time for our date! I waited outside for Clarke patiently and saw her coming with Raven and Octavia.

Octavia gave me a glare at first but then softened her expression. "Lexa, although you frightened my brother that way, thanks for protecting Clarke, I'll make sure Bell doesn't act out again," she rolled her eyes then hugged me.

I nodded with a smile then said bye to them. Clarke and I walked to the car, our fingers intertwined. "Wanna be those cringey couples and I pick you up at 8, or do we get ready together?" We both thought about it then said together "cringey," we burst into laughter.

I dropped her off at her house and said goodbye. It was 3:00pm sharp. I had a lot of time to kill.

I took a long shower and made myself smell like strawberries, and put lots of perfume, it was a quarter till 5:00pm. Ughhh.

I got on my black pants with a gray croptop. I put on my shoes and finalized everything. It was 6:03pm. Okay, now what?

Oh! I can make her a little card, noo I'm not that cringey. I got my things and started to leave the room, but stopped in the doorway.

Oh why the hell not. I sat down on my desk and started to make a card. It was a raccoon on it saying 'you're special'. I thought it was cute. I put it in my little handbag and it was a bit before 7:00pm.

I decided to spray the note with my perfume as well, and walked along the street to a nearby shop for flowers. I got a dozen roses, not really sure what her favorite flowers were, but everybody loves roses. I got into my car and drove to Clarke's.

I waited outside her doorstep then rang the doorbell when it hit 8:00. She opened the door with a smile. She was gorgeous.

"What did you tell your mom?" I asked, suddenly curious as to what excuse she would come up with. "Girls night," she said with a chuckle. She wasn't wrong atleast.

We got into the car and did our normal thing, we held hands. We played the songs at a high volume and screamed the lyrics at each other, laughing the whole way to the surprise I had for her.

We pulled up to a little stone bridge with a small waterfall near it and a river surrounding it, with fish and lily pads. And the bridge led to a small area where Clarke and I could eat. I had set up some candles around the table and food.

All her favorites and mine. We walked over to the table and sat and just enjoyed our night.