Chapter 10

Lexa's POV

It was almost time for winter break, and I still hadn't told Clarke about Costia. I didn't want to ruin our date weeks before, I didn't want to have a fight, nothing. This winter break, I have to tell her.

I went to pick up Clarke from her house and saw her waiting for me. She waited. I rolled down the window. "Your ride is here ma'am," I chuckled. She let out a small laugh before she got into the car and kissed me good morning.

It's our one month anniversary tomorrow, December 17, also the day we get out of school. I held Clarke's hand like every morning. Did she remember?

"Hey Clarke, what's tomorrow?" I asked, trying to not sound too obvious. I felt her eyes on me. "Winter break of course," she said.

I don't think she remembers. I thought about if for some time until she moved her hand to my leg. "I remember Lexa, it's almost our anniversary," she giggled. Phew.

I glanced over to her with a smile on my face. She put her hand back on mine. We got to school and there were posters everywhere about winter and charity.

I had a thought to give to charity. I pulled out my wallet, and pulled out $200. I handed it over to one of the tables and handed the money to the girl.

Her eyes widened then softened. "From both of us," I said. "Thank you!" She said many times before we walked away. "I didn't pitch in, though," Clarke told me.

She didn't have to. "What's mine is yours," I said, not looking at her. I saw her smiling out of the corner of my eye and she grabbed hold of my hand. I liked the feel of her touch.

We walked in silence, hand in hand, to Clarke's first class. I let go of her hand, and leant in to kiss her, but she hesitated a bit.

She's still a bit uneasy about kissing at school. Everything else is fine though, so I'm not getting mad, she'll come around.

I started to smile and walk away but then she pulled me back and kissed me fast. I was shocked. She waved and went inside her class. How could she leave me like that?

I smiled the whole way to my class. I'm starting to love that girl. Whoa.

——————————————————————————

Clarke's POV

I kissed her. That's all I thought about until I heard the lunch bell ring. I went over to Octavia and Raven and told them about everything. Them and I do many plans on the weekend, sometimes with Lexa, sometimes not.

I was okay with that though, because Lexa and I do many plans alone. Some where we have to.

She waved me and the girls over to where she was sitting. I sat next to her and we held hands. It's silly to say but I missed her even though I saw her 2-3 hours ago.

I stared into her dark hazelnut eyes and got lost in them until Octavia's voice snapped me back into reality.

"Clarke, what are you doing this winter break?" I glanced at Lexa and blushed. She smiled back and answered for me.

"Clarke and I are going to be spending the winter break together, every day," she said. I looked at Octavia who was smiling and looked over to Raven who was doing the same thing.

We returned the question to them and Octavia spoke first, in a heartbeat. "Lincoln and I are going to his parents house in Florida, which isn't so far from here. I looked it up, Florida is 1,089 miles from Arkadia, where we are now," she went on an on about what they were doing.

She finally ended off with "and maybe a little something something every other night," she winked. Lexa and Raven faked a disgusting face as I thought about it.

I never had my first time, I wanted it to be with Lexa, no one else. I am sure she already had her first time, but maybe with me it would be more special for her.

The lunch bell rang and we told Raven to talk to us about it tomorrow.

Lexa and I walked back to class, with Octavia and Raven following close behind. Lexa kissed my cheek and said goodbye as I entered class with my friends.

I walked over to my desk and sat there alone for a while, thinking about how much I have come to like Lexa. She makes me happy. Happier than I have ever been.

We had math class right now, and I was not focusing at all. She was all my mind ever thought about... "Clarke?" Mr Kane snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I asked. "Can you explain how we got this equation from this quadrilateral?" I tensed up. I hadn't been paying attention.

"Sir, I can, please!" Raven called out. She was saving me so much right now. I looked over to her and shot her a grateful smile as my teacher walked away from me and towards her direction. She stood up and started to explain and this time I focused.

The final bell rang and I got my bag and headed out with Octavia and Raven. Lincoln saw us and waved us over. He gave Octavia a hug and a kiss and smiled at us.

I saw Bellamy walking over from the right and Lexa from the left. Uh oh. I walked in Lexa's direction, noticing Bellamy's fury.

They both fought two weeks back, and have been avoiding each other ever since. I think Octavia knocked some sense into him, seeing him calm down around us, and not picking fights with Lexa.

I saw him staring at me and quickly looked away. Lexa put her hand on my shoulder and I relaxed. We headed out the door to her car and she opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I said. She gave me a kiss and went over to the driver's seat and started the engine.

She put her hand on mine as usual, and we drove off.