Chapter 25

Clarke's POV

I was depressed that Lexa didn't remember me, I missed her so much and now I have to be even more patient. She is everything to me and her not even remembering my name when she woke up... the agony I feel.

I shook my head as I read some Chemistry notes Raven left for me. I looked up at the clock and it read 7:01pm. One more hour and I can take this beautiful girl home. I looked at her and fair enough, she was looking at me, with her cute smile. "Hey," she purred. My heart raced a million miles.

"H-hi, we are leaving soon, ready?" Ready?! Am I that stupid? She looked down at her hospital outfit and let out a laugh. "Ready as can be," she smiled while pointing at herself. She didn't need to point, though, my eyes were already checking her out. I looked back up at her emerald eyes and started to lean in, eyes fluttering shut, but never felt my lips connect with hers. I opened my eyes to see her staring at me in shock.

"I'm sorry, I-" with that I took off out of the room and into the bathroom. I locked myself in the stall and let the tears flow. Don't be ridiculous, you knew she wasn't going to kiss you. After another minute of crying, I grabbed a tissue and dabbed at my eyes, I didn't want them to become red. After finishing up, I let myself out of the stall and rinsed my hands, and splashing some dots on my face, to look clean.

I just want to go home, sleep in my own bed, have proper food. I walked back out of the bathroom and looked at both sides of me, a few nurses walking around, patients wandering the halls, people entering the hospital. I walked over the tiled floor and opened the door again, but to find the bed empty. Where is she?

I looked around the room but she was nowhere to be seen. I rushed to the nurse and asked if she had seen her and this caused her to panic. "I'll check the cameras!' She rushed into a room, not letting me inside with her. I tapped my nails on the counter, eagerly waiting for her to come back with some worthwhile news. She came back and said she walked outside. My heart dropped. "Let me handle this," I calmly said and walked to the doors which held an Exit sign not far above it. I looked around outside and saw her, sitting on the grass, looking up at the stars.

I couldn't help but smile as I made my way over to her and laid down next to her. "Hey," she said, not turning her gaze away from the bright stars. This was how we first kissed, looking at the stars, laying next to each other. "Why did you come here?" I asked, turning to look at her. She did the same, "I don't know, nothing left for me in that hospital except knowing I forgot everything that made me happy," she smiled at me. My heart is aching.

I blushed, and I was grateful it was dark so she couldn't see my now pink cheeks. She went to turn but I placed my lips on hers, feeling her press harder into me. We stayed like this for a while and she climbed on top of me and pulled away, looking into my eyes. "That was-" she cut me off, "shut up," and kissed me again. "Girls!" The nurse yelled from inside the hospital. Lexa rolled off of me immediately and blushed. Why did she kiss me back? Does she remember me? I have to ask her later.

We got up from our spot and walked into the hospital, turned the corner, and shut the door behind us as we got into the room. It was a little past 8 o'clock and it was time to leave. Thank god.

"I'll call a taxi to take you home," I said, pulling out my phone. She placed her hand on my phone, "actually, can I stay with you tonight?" She blushed. I only nodded and called the taxi for us. I walked over to the nurse. "Lexa's mom will come down here tomorrow and fill in all the paperwork needed," she smiled at me and waved as we left.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I don't know why I asked to go home with Clarke, she just gave me a sense of safety. Being with her made me happy, too, I'm not surprised I'm dating this girl. I want my memories back, and I plan on doing so.

The taxi pulled over to the curb and we got in, letting Clarke in first. I smiled as I saw her slide her body on the leather. Am I falling in love with her all over again?

"Hey Clarke," I said as we started on the road to her house. "Yeah?" She looked at me, with her hands laying on her knees. Was she nervous? "I just wanted to say thank you for staying with me through it all," I placed my hand on hers. She tensed up. "What's wrong?" "N-nothing, you just always put your hand on mine during car rides," I blushed. "Annnnd, you're welcome, I'll always be there for you, love," there it was. Love. My heart fluttered at that word. I loved this girl, again.

After a few minutes of chatting and some small laughs, the cab came to a stop, and I saw her house, I think? She turned my head the other way and I let out a laugh. Okay, that's her house. I let myself out as Clarke paid the taxi driver. He sped down the road as Clarke led me into her house. "Clarke! Is that you?" A female voice yelled from the kitchen.

We walked to the room and I guess that was her mom, she hugged her mom and I saw her shoulders relax. "Oh, hey Lexa, how are you?" She asked, pointing to my head, which was no longer wrapped, just had a bandage on the spot where the hit took place. My back was still aching of course, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. "It's better, thank you."

"Mom, can Lexa stay the night?" Clarke asked, changing the subject. I could tell my injury caused her pain, too, since she caused it, but I already forgave her, for whatever purpose which caused her to push me like that. "Of course!" Her mom smiled at me. "You can stay with Clarke, would you guys like some dinner?" As she said that, my stomach growled, and I became so embarrassed.

"My stomach would like that," I smiled sheepishly. Her mon laughed and walked over to the stove and heated up a pot of mac n cheese. Clarke and I sat across each other, sitting at the dining table, waiting for the mac n cheese to be done.

"Can we talk upstairs after we eat?" Clarke locked eyes with me. I nodded, I needed to tell her something, too. "You're being so cool about this, considering everything that happened with me," I told her. "Yeah..." her voice trailed off. I know it's all a masquerade though.

Her mom placed a bowl of mac n cheese in front of both of us and left us alone to eat. I yelled thank you after her and she just waved goodnight. "Your mom is sweet," she nodded at me, "I wish you remembered her," I read the pain on her face. She didn't have to make me feel bad for her mistake, that isn't fair.

I nodded and we ate in silence. I just want to go to bed but I groaned internally, because she and I were about to have a serious talk when we were done eating and got into bed upstairs.