Chapter 27

Clarke's POV

I handed Lexa a bowl of mac n cheese and sat across from her, and I saw her barely touching her food. "What's up, Lexa?" This caught her attention. "Huh? Oh, nothing. Anya is coming today," she gave a weak smile. I know it's tough on her, she doesn't have to act tough around me, but I'm not gonna push the topic any further.

"Oh! Have any plans with her?" I asked, she just shook her head lightly. "I mean, can she go out with us along with Raven and Octavia? Just like, a girl's night," she grinned. "Yeah. Sure," I chuckled. I pulled out my phone to ask the girls if we could go partying Saturday night.

Octavia replied immediately and said they're in, but Raven wasn't replying herself because she was taking notes for both herself and for me. That's sweet of her. "Saturday it is," she nodded, still examining her phone.

Something's up. No, not the sky. Lexa looked up from her phone and saw me staring at her, and this caused her to turn off her phone. "Okay, please tell me, what's happening?" I pleaded. She threw her hands up. "Okay, fine, I saw a message on instagram, and I have never seen their account, they said to meet them at Pop's on Friday at 4, but I'm scared to, will you come with me?" Who was texting her? "U-um, yes, okay," she smiled at my response.

We ate in silence until we heard the door open. "Hey sweetie! It's my lunch break but I decided to come see you guys," my mom said. "Aww, thanks," Lexa chirped in before I could open my mouth. My mom turned her gaze to Lexa and smiled. Glad to see two of the most important people to me smiling at each other.

Lexa finished her food and took my bowl with her and rinsed it off then placed them in the dish washer. "Oh, thank you," I told her. "No problem," she walked out of the kitchen. I had no idea where she was going. "Go," my mom noticed me thinking about it. This took me out of my trance and I went after her, out of the front door. "Lex! What's wrong?" I tapped her shoulder after I caught up with her.

She turned around, tears in her eyes, and kissed me. I was shocked at first but then kissed her back. She put her hand on my cheek and stroked it with her thumb. We pulled apart to catch our breaths, never breaking apart our eye contact. "What was that for?" I tilted my head. "Clarke Griffin, I'm falling in love with you all over again."

My breath hitched in my throat once those words left her mouth. "Y-you are?" She nodded, and grabbed my hand. "I may not remember everything, but all I know is my love for you is too great, and that is the only thing I will never forget, no matter what," I teared up. I pulled her in for a hug and we stayed like that for a long while.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I just confessed my love for Clarke, again I think. I don't remember if I told her or not in the past, but last night she said she loved me too in a normal tone, so I assume we have said it to each other before. I wiped the tear from her cheek before it fell. I smirked as I saw a guy driving- my car? "Hey!" I yelled, but they were already pulling over. Clarke held me back. Let go of me!

"Lexa, it's okay, that's Octavia's dad, he's here to return your car," my shoulders relaxed. I smacked my forehead with my palm, "ohhh okay," Clarke chuckled at my response. I huffed out some air, and saw the male- Octavia's dad walking over to me and he then dropped the keys in my hand. "Thanks," I told him. He nodded and walked towards Clarke's house, after greeting Clarke.

"Can I drive? I'll take you to where we first kissed," she smiled devilishly. I handed her the keys and nodded, following her to my Range Rover. I examined it carefully to see if there were any smudges or scratches, you never know. After looking at it for another minute, I found no unwanted scratches, and made my way to the passenger seat.

I remember what Clarke told me and I placed my hand on hers, she looked at me and gave me a warm smile. I may not remember much, but I do remember that I'm in love with this girl.

We drove for a long time but the car finally came to an abrupt stop. I got out of the car and stretched my legs, looking over at Clarke who was doing the same. She noticed me looking at her and made her way over to me. "The thing is, you led me to that beautiful spot, let's see if I remember where or if I get us lost, sound good?" Um, no. "Sure," I joked.

She grabbed my hand and we walked in silence to this "spot" and I heard the brances being cracked along with some rustling leaves from the wind. It was a cool day, and I shivered a bit, since I was wearing dark blue shorts, along with a long white shirt. Clarke noticed this and handed me the jacket she had laying on her arm. "Oh, thanks," I said as I was putting my arms in the jacket holes.

"Of course," she said, sitting me down on the spot she led me to. It was now a quarter to 5 o'clock, but the sun was still high in the air. "Um, it was way nicer in the night," she blushed out of embarrassment. "It's okay, I don't remember anyways," I said, being grumpy.

She laid her hand on my leg, "I'm sure you will remember soon, don't worry," she smiled at me, and we laid there the whole day, waiting for the sun to set, so we could gaze at the beautiful stars.

~~~~~~~~

After stargazing the whole time, it was 30 minutes past 7 o'clock, and it was time to go home. Tonight I would be going back to my house, which made me pout. I liked staying with Clarke, even though I do not remember much about her. What I got taught though was that our relationship suffered through a lot but we were still strong together, and I have high hopes for where this could take us.

I am going to start applying for colleges, and my mind passed across a good idea, "Hey Clarke," I turned my gaze to her. "Yeah?" She didn't remove her eyes from the road. "How about we apply to the same colleges, you know, so we can be together forever," I cringed at the last statement. We both started laughing, but then she looked at me at a stop light. "I would love that, Lexa Woods," she said.

I couldn't stop smiling the whole way home. Clarke pulled over at her house, then handed me the keys so I could go home, atleast I remembered where that was. I kissed her goodnight and waited for her to enter her house. I waved from the window and I saw her cute smile from afar and she closed the door.

I made my way back onto the road and into the direction of my own house. After driving for a while I finally saw my familiar well-lit house and pulled over into the garage, and parked it. I walked inside to the smell of steaks. My stomach liked that, and growled in response.

"Lexa? Is that you?" My dad called from the kitchen. "Yes, dad," this caused my mom to rush out and hug me. I haven't hugged my mom this affectionately in a long time, it made me happy to know she cared this much. We were soon joined after with my dad's embrace, and we stayed in a group hug for another few seconds.

Then, my dad led us all out on the patio where the delicious steaks were sizzling, and we all talked as the steaks cooked.