Chapter 5

Lexa's POV

The week passed by so fast, it was already our last night here. I turned over and saw Clarke on her phone, laying in bed.

I got closer to her this week and I'm grateful for that. I rose from my bed and reached my hand out to her. She raised her eyes up to me and took it without hesitation.

I led her outside, wanting to spend the last night with her alone. We walked over to the river and sat there, like we did during the first night.

She placed her hand on my leg and I tensed up. How does she do this to me? I looked over to see her smiling at me.

"What?" I asked. "Nothing," she replied. She held her gaze on me, and I wanted to lean in...

I took her hand yet again and led her over to the beautiful spot I saw on my first night.

It was a clear circle, surrounded by trees. We sat down and she was about to question but I stopped her.

"Lay down, Clarke, and then look up," I said. I laid down and she did the same, and we both looked up, admiring the beauty of the stars in silence.

After a moment, I felt her eyes on me, I rolled over to see her facing me. "You're creepy tonight, you know that?" I chuckled. She shoved me lightly with a big smile.

I looked into her beautiful blue eyes and started to lean in, and kissed her. She quickly pulled away from me and turned her back. Shit.

——————————————————————————

Clarke's POV

"Clarke... hey Clarke, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done th-" I cut her off by turning around and kissing her back. She fell to the ground and kissed me back.

I don't know why I did that, but I liked it. After a moment, we both stopped to catch our breath, looking at each other, wondering what just happened.

She smiled so bright, I have never seen her so happy. She stood up, and took my hand.

We walked in silence, hand-in-hand, back to our room. What a night. She sat on her bed, looking at me.

"Are we going to talk about what happened?" She asked. I honestly didn't know what to say. I looked at her to hint that I couldn't register what just happened.

She nodded at me. I got up and kissed her again, laying her back on the bed, and quickly released, keeping her thinking.

She gaped at me as I got into bed and whispered goodnight. I soon heard her get into her bed aswell and slept with the biggest smile on my face.

She made me feel special, happy, but also confused. What just happened? Do I like girls now? Or was it just in the moment? I don't know, but I wanted more of it.

I woke up to see Lexa still sleeping. I got ready and headed downstairs, trying not to wake her. I got myself some breakfast and got her a plate of pancakes.

I walked back upstairs and entered the room. I looked over to her bed and saw her drying her hair. She's so beautiful.

"Thanks for waking me up," she said sarcastically. I gave her a sheepish smile and handed her the plate of pancakes. She gave me a smile and started to eat them as I packed my suitcases. What a trip.

"Lexa, I don't know what happened last night," I told her. I saw her eyes fill with hurt. "It's okay, I understand, you made a mistake, it's fine," I saw her set the plate down and turn her gaze away from me.

That's not what I meant! I walked over to her and took her hand in mine and kissed it gently. "That's not what I meant," I saw her face light up.

"I never liked girls, and never thought I would, until I met you, so yes, it is all new for me, and I hope you can understand that I want us to take things slow," I said.

"So we're an us now?" She smiled. I chuckled lightly and nodded. She started to pack her things and spoke again. "Yes, we can take things slow, I've never been in a committed relationship before, but with you, I want to be," she whispered.

With me? I'm feeling so many butterflies in my stomach right now. She likes me! And I like her, too. I can't believe this is happening.

It was time for us to get on the bus now.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I saw Clarke and her friends talk and hug after we got off the bus. I waited at my car for her, because I told her I wanted her to see my house.

She walked over to me after a few more minutes, but it's okay, I'm a patient person, especially with her.

We got into the car and we drove in silence, and then suddenly she put her hand on mine. It felt nice. Really nice.

Finally we got to my house but she didn't remove her hand from mine. I took my hand away but quickly rejoined it after she got out of the car. We walked inside and saw my mom laying on the couch.

We headed up to my room quietly and then I closed the door behind me. Yes, I was rich, but I hope that didn't affect Clarke in any way. She sat down on my bed, complimenting my room.

"Do you want to stay for dinner?" I asked, hoping for her to say yes. She nodded with a smile.

"So, what do you wanna be when you grow up?" She asked me. Wow, I never thought about it. I shrugged in response and kissed her lightly. I returned the question.

"I wanna be a doctor, as my mother," she replied. That's amazing, to help people. We talked for another hour until it was time for dinner.

We headed downstairs and sat together, eating. This night was perfect.