Chapter 31

Clarke's POV

I was running to school at this point, I woke up extremely late, because when I got home last night, I studied for another two hours, can you blame me? It was hard to focus with Lexa around me. I finally reached school, and had to rush to my locker to grab my book. I rushed towards the class, and Raven saw me running, but the door was closing slowly. No!

Raven was mouthing the words "hurry!" but he shut the door on my face. Dammit! I knocked on the door as the bell rung. He turned to face me. I smiled sheepishly as he opened the door. "Miss Griffin, why are you late?" He eyed me. "I technically wasn't, you shut the door on my face before the bell rang, I would otherwise have made it."

I was happy with the excuse I made up, and surprisingly, he let me inside the class without another word. I took my seat next to Raven, "that was close," she whispered. "Yeah, tell me about it," I whispered back, out of breath.

We have chemistry class right now, and I was so bored, math is next and I was nervous for the test. After 50 minutes the bell finally rang, and I ran to math, waving goodbye to Raven. I quickly got my math book which had all my notes inside them. I read over them quickly as I walked over to math class.

I got in the room and set the book on the floor, taking one final look at the notes. I watched him pass the exams out, getting more nervous by the second. I told myself to relax or else I would do bad, and I got the perfect idea. I let my thoughts of Lexa invade my mind, and I felt myself relax everywhere, and I felt more at ease for this test.

He finally got to my desk and handed the exam to me. I quickly got my pen out and started jogging answers down on the paper, it was really easy for some reason. I finished after a few people placed their tests on the teacher's desk.

I got up from my seat and gave it to the teacher, confident I would get a good grade. Now that it was over I thought back to Lexa, after school we would have to meet this mysterious person who has been texting her.

"Class, on Monday I will hand you back your test results," he locked eyes with me. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat but he kept his eyes on me, looking down at my neck. That's strange. The the bell rang and I left quickly before he could talk to me.

I had biology now and I groaned, I had to be alone now. I stepped into the class and everyone's eyes were on my neck. I covered the spot with my hand and ran towards the bathroom. Oh my god. I have a hickey?! Lexaaaa!!!!

I don't know how to cover it so I just laid my hand on it, trying to be natural by making it look like I was scratching my neck or leaning on my hand. I got back to class and frankly no one cared. Thank God.

I sat down, waiting for the teacher to start, but as soon as he spoke, I spaced out. This subject was an easy A, all you had to do was go home and memorize, no point to focus in class, he isn't a great teacher anyways.

——————————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I walked out of the school building, waiting impatiently for Clarke, it was a quarter to 3pm. "Hey baby," she smiled when she saw me. "Hey," I grabbed her hand as we walked to my car. "How was your day?" I looked at her. "It was actually good, the exam was easy, did you do well?" I did actually, it was very simple.

I nodded at her as we got into my car. We put on our seatbelts, laced our hands together, and I sped towards my house so we could just freshen up a bit. "We have to hurry! It takes 15 minutes to get there, but I wan't to leave 5 minutes earlier," I puffed. "Okay okay boss," she grinned. I pulled her in for a quick peck and we both rushed to separate bathrooms to freshen up.

She met me outside and we drove off towards Pop's, being 3:40pm. I gripped her hand tightly, I'm really nervous to see who it is. I finally parked the car, being 3:57. I glanced at Clarke and she nodded, "whenever you're ready."

I took in a deep breath and we walked in together, hand-in-hand. I looked around, they said to meet at booth 7. I slowly turned my head to the direction, and saw him. "Jake?!" I took a step back. He looked up, and Clarke looked at the boy, who was now nearing us. "Hey Lex, hey..." "Clarke," she said. "Yes, hello, I saved us a booth," he pointed to booth 7. "I can see that," and I walked past him, shrugging his hand off my shoulder.

"Why did you text me?" I faced him, holding Clarke's hand under the table, probably stopping all the blood going into her hand. I lightened my grip a bit as to not hurt her. "I missed you!" He smiled. His dashing smile that fooled every girl. "W-who are you?" His gaze turned to Clarke, and it sent shudders down my back. "Jake. I was supposed to be Lexa's boyfriend, but all she did was want girls."

"You don't own me, you weren't supposed to have me, no one was, I belong to no one," I stated, letting go of Clarke's hand. "Right, but you kissed me," he grinned. "Who are you, again? I need a better explanation than you saying you're supposed to have my girlfriend, please explain better," she death glared at him. That's my girl.

"Easy toots," he raised his hands up, "I was two years above Lexa, but I graduated this year as you guys moved up to my class, you miss me?" He reached for my hand but I slapped it away. "Not one bit, Jake," I glared.

"Tough crowd," a familiar voice said. My heart filled with dread as I reluctantly turned to see her. "Hey Lexie, how you doin' baby?" She laid her hand on my arm. "Costia, don't touch me ever again," I could see Clarke's jaw drop from the corner of my eye.

"Ohhh, is this your new girlfriend?" She pointed at Clarke. "I am, thanks," she chimed in. This is too much for Clarke all at once. "What are you doing here, Costia?" I tilted my head. "Well, I'm with this one now," she kissed Jake gently. Bullshit.

"I don't believe that," I said. "Why? Still not over the fact I left you? Get over it, sweetie," she grinned. Not this time. "I'm actually really happy you left me, or else I wouldn't have gotten closer to her," I smiled at Clarke and she smiled back. "Huh, honeymoon phase, Clarkey? Isn't she cute at that? Yeah she becomes obnoxious and shitty after that," she laughed. Oh no.

"Really? I'm the shitty one? Last time I recalled, you're the one that left me there, crying, after I gave you everything and more," I stood over her. "I-i," "I think we're done here," I grabbed Clarke's hand and as she got out, Costia pulled me in and kissed me. I opened my eyes and pushed her away. "Clarke, this girl's a player, breaks many hearts," Costia explained. "Yeah, let her go," Jake chirped in.

I turned to see Clarke getting angry. "You kissed my girlfriend? Are you kidding me? You let her go! Both of you, stop regretting that you weren't enough for her, that was your choice! She's with me now, and I couldn't be happier, so deal with it," she grabbed my hand and took me outside.

"Clarke, that was-" she stopped me. "Lexa, did you play with these people? Why would they want to meet with you just to yell at you when they are the ones that left you? Is that really the story?" She seemed angry, confused, and I didn't blame her.

"I'm sorry Clarke, Costia is evil and Jake always wanted to be with me but I kept telling him I liked girls, and I was with Costia then, and they always acted friendly, maybe I know why now," I looked back at the window, feeling their eyes on me. "I- I really am sorry," I gave her a weak smile. She pulled me in for a hug, "I love you," she whispered in my ear.

My body relaxed and I leaned into the hug, "I love you too, Clarke," I hugged her tighter.

——————————————————————————

A/N

Hey guysss :), the story is going to end next chapter, or maybe the next one. Either one, just a heads up, thank you for reading❤️.